Use this list of Gluten Free Air Fryer Recipes to get your weeknight meals planned and ready to serve!
Make some great gluten-free recipes that the whole family will love with your Air Fryer!
These easy meals will be a game changer for your dinner time, but it gets better because you can actually make breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, and snacks all in your Air Fryer or Ninja Foodi!
What type of gluten-free flour do you use?
Gluten-Free Flour is so much better than it was years ago and now you can easily find Gluten-Free Flour which is a 1:1 swap of regular flour. That means if you have a recipe that uses regular all-purpose flour, you can use the same amount of Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour.
Brands do matter when it comes to gluten-free flour. We always use either Better Batter or King Arthur Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour, each of these works interchangeably in the gluten-free recipes on the list below.
Cup 4 Cup will work well too, use your favorite gluten-free all-purpose flour.
What about breadcrumbs?
Using the Air Fryer to cook allows you to avoid a deep fryer, instead the air fryer uses hot air paired with a little bit of oil spray and can make a lighter version of your favorite foods without losing that crunchy coating.
That means that many recipes will still use breadcrumbs. In order to keep it gluten-free, be sure to use Gluten-Free Breadcrumbs for any recipe that calls for these.
They can be Panko or Regular Breadcrumbs, but it will be indicated on the recipe card.
Do you need to use oil?
There is a misconception that when cooking the Air Fryer or Ninja Foodi you do not need oil; however, this is not the case, a little oil is typically needed but not much!
It is best to keep oil sprays on hand to just give your food a light coat of oil. This is just enough oil to allow the outer layer to get crunchy and to be sure to get rid of any floury spots on the food.
These oils include avocado oil spray, coconut oil spray, grapeseed oil spray, and olive oil spray.
I almost always use either grapeseed or olive oil, grapeseed is the best choice due to the high smoke point.
Due to using the spray, there is no oily mess; however, you can also use aluminum foil or parchment paper to protect the air fryer basket.
What Air Fryer Recipes can you make gluten-free?
There are a variety of easy recipes that can be made gluten-free, such as the following:
- Air Fryer Chicken-Fried Steak
- Air Fryer Fish
- Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- Air Fryer Broccoli
- Air Fryer Asparagus
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Air Fryer Salmon
- …and MANY MORE!
Many of these are going to be on the list of Air Fryer Top 10 Recipes, but the list below is going to elaborate on those and show you even more of your favorite things that can be made gluten-free!
If you are planning to make a big batch of any of these recipes, then you may need to cook in your air fryer in batches, this will depend on the size of your air fryer. Air Fryers tend to come in a variety of shapes and sizes meaning that many times batch cooking may be necessary.
This list is going to have some of the best air fryer recipes that can all be made gluten-free right in your Air Fryer or Ninja Foodi. If you are using the Ninja Foodi be sure to use the Air Crisp function to make these recipes.
Get ready to use your favorite new small appliance for your family meals!
Gluten Free Air Fryer Recipes
- 8 Fish Fillets (Cod, Tilapia, Polock, or other White Fish – usually about 1-2 pounds of fish)
- Cooking Oil Spray
- 2 Eggs Beaten
- 1/2 Cup Gluten-Free or Regular All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Cups Gluten-Free or Regular Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Serve with Lemon Wedges and Tartar Sauce
- In a shallow bowl, combine the breadcrumbs and seasonings, set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg.
- In a third bowl, add the flour.
- Pat fish dry with a paper towel.
- Dip each fillet in the flour, then egg and shake off excess.
- Coat with breadcrumbs.
- Spray fish with cooking oil spray of choice as well as the air fryer basket.
- Place the fish in the basket evenly. This may need to be done in batches.
- Cook in the Air Fryer at 390*F for 8-10 minutes, it’s best to turn it halfway and coat with additional spray.
- Serve immediately and store leftovers in fridge.