Air Fried Fish (Gluten-Free, Air Fryer)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Make the BEST Air Fried Fish that is also easy to make gluten-free too!
As much as I love this Air Fryer Catfish, this Air Fried Fish using just a basic pantry style breading is also a great option if you want to skip buying an actual fish fry.
Do you need oil to make Air Fryer Fish?
YES! It does take some oil to do this, using an oil spray. It’s best to use a high heat spray like grapeseed or avocado; however, I do use olive oil frequently and have had no issues with it either.
The oil is needed to give the fish the crisp browned outer breading, but you do not need a lot of it. I prefer to use Pompeian Oil Sprays for this.
How do you make Air Fryer Fish gluten-free?
The only swaps you will need to make this recipe gluten-free are 1:1 gluten-free all-purpose flour and gluten-free breadcrumbs. All other ingredients are naturally gluten-free.
What fish should you use for Air Fried Fish?
For this recipe, any type of whitefish such as Cod, Tilapia, Pollock, and Catfish can be done with this recipe and method.
Whitefish has a mild flavor and is quick to cook, it’s also more inexpensive too.
This type of fish is great for a fish fry or in this case an air fry!
What do you need for Air Fried Fish?
- Fish Fillets (Cod, Tilapia, Pollock, or other Whitefish)
- Cooking Oil Spray
- Gluten-Free or Regular All-Purpose Flour
- Gluten-Free or Regular Panko Breadcrumbs
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Old Bay Seasonings
- Ground Black Pepper
That’s all you need to make a great breading for this fish. This is a wonderful alternative to a deep-fried fish fry; however, remember this is air fried it’s not going to taste exactly the same as the deep-fried fish.
- 8 (1-2 lb) Fish Fillets (Cod, Tilapia, Polock, or other White Fish)
- Cooking Oil Spray
- 2 Eggs, Beaten
- 1/2 Cup Gluten-Free or Regular All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Cups Gluten-Free or Regular Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Serve with Lemon Wedges and Tartar Sauce
- In a shallow bowl, combine the breadcrumbs and seasonings, set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg.
- In a third bowl, add the flour.
- Pat fish dry with a paper towel.
- Dip each fillet in the flour, then egg and shake off excess.
- Coat with breadcrumbs.
- Spray fish with cooking oil spray of choice as well as the air fryer basket.
- Place the fish in the basket evenly. This may need to be done in batches.
- Cook in the Air Fryer at 390*F for 8-10 minutes, it's best to turn it halfway and coat with additional spray.
- Serve immediately and store leftovers in fridge.
Seasonings can be adjusted to your taste preference.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 419Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 94mgSodium: 850mgCarbohydrates: 67gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 14g