Add the perfect side to your next burger with these Air Fryer French Fries, made with freshly sliced potatoes!
One of my absolute favorite sides to make in the air fryer is french fries. If you are looking for frozen french fries, be sure to check out this post on making frozen french fries in the air fryer.
This recipe is adapted from these Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries, same method and concept only this time using regular Russet Potatoes.
Tips for Making Air Fryer French Fries:
This works wonderfully with russet potatoes. These can be peeled or not, it’s up to you. Our family prefers peeled, so that’s what I opted to do for these.
It is also likely that you will need to do multiple batches. If you do plan to do multiple batches, you can turn the oven to 225*F and store the earlier batches there until ready to serve.
This keeps them nice and warm without overcooking the french fries.
It’s best to space these out well to allow them to cook evenly, which means you will likely need to do multiple batches unless you have that great new Ninja Foodi Double Air Fryer!
This recipe can be made in a Ninja Foodi using the air crisp function or a traditional air fryer, it’s totally up to you.
What should you season these with?
Some oil is necessary for these Air Fryer French Fries, but a good spray will do. Use the cooking oil spray of choice that you prefer.
Personally, I use Pompeian Olive Oil Cooking Spray regularly; however, if you prefer a higher heat spray, go with grapeseed oil cooking spray.
Once done with the spray, I like to do a quick seasoning with salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder.
This is easy to adjust though to what you have on hand or what you prefer. I also enjoy making these with garlic and herb seasoning too, it gives them even more of a savory flavor.
Now, are you ready for some tasty fresh fries?
Air Fryer French Fries
- 3-4 Russet Potatoes Cleaned & Cut into Fry Slices - Peeled or Unpeeled
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 Tsp Paprika
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- Parsley to Garnish
- Clean and cut the potatoes into french fry slices, about 1/2-1/4 inch thick. It can be peeled or unpeeled.
- Turn the air fryer to 400*F and let it run for 5 minutes to preheat.
- Lightly spray the basket with olive oil cooking spray.
- Place the potatoes into a bowl and drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder.
- Mix them well to coat.
- Place each of the fries evenly into the basket, do multiple batches if needed.
- Air Fry at 400*F for 10-12 minutes, rotating halfway through cooking time if preferred.
- Remove when done and place on a sheet pan in the oven at 220*F until the remaining batches are complete.
- Finish remaining batches and serve.