Learn how to make air fryer french fries using frozen french fries. These will be crispy and golden, perfect with a hamburger!
One of the first things you’ll probably want to make in your air fryer is Air Fryer French Fries, that’s because they turn out so nice and crisp, but you want to find the perfect time for your french fries. That’s the key.
We love to pair these french fries with Air Fryer Cheeseburgers. This particular recipe is going to focus on using frozen french fries, not fresh.
Can you cook frozen french fries in the air fryer?
These can easily be cooked in the air fryer. There is no need for lots of oil, it’s easy to make these with some cooking oil spray, we prefer olive oil cooking spray. I also like to add some garlic salt to our fries too.
Once you have your fries of choice, simply spray the air fryer basket with olive oil cooking spray and add the fries to the basket. These are best spread out evenly, I usually do layer a bit but you will get the best result with one even layer.
It also works the best to mix them or shake them up about halfway through the cooking time.
Do you put oil on frozen french fries?
There is no need for heavy oil on the fries, but you can use a light spray of olive oil cooking spray. This will give it a light coating to get it to that golden color you are going for.
How long should these be cooked?
There are a few things you want to keep in mind when making these, the first is that all air fryers heat differently, even the same brand. It’s true!
I have found that the perfect time for us is 400 degrees for 20 minutes, it gives them the crisp taste I want in a french fry. This recipe will suggest 20 minutes, which has been the perfect time for our french fries, I’d suggest checking in on them around 18 minutes to be sure that yours cook to your preferred crispness.
If you love these, then you’ll love making these Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls with Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls!
- 16 oz Frozen French Fries
- Garlic Salt to Taste
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- Coat basket of air fryer with olive oil spray.
- Place the fries in the air fryer, add a dash of garlic salt.
- Cook these for 10 minutes at 400 degrees, if preferred after 10 minutes, carefully open the air fryer, mix or shake up the french fries, coat with more spray and garlic salt.
- Cook for 5-10 additional minutes and serve.
- Remember - all air fryers heat differently, in a Ninja Air Fryer 20 minutes was perfect for ours, but it's best to check them at the 10-minute mark and 15 minutes.
- Add more time if preferred to get to your desired level of crispness.
We have found 20 minutes is perfect for our french fries. I typically use a Ninja Foodi Air Fryer.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 210Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 467mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 2gSugar: 0gProtein: 3g