Learn how to make air fryer french fries using frozen french fries. These will be crispy and golden, perfect with a hamburger!
One of the first things you’ll probably want to make in your air fryer is Air Fryer French Fries, that’s because they turn out so nice and crisp.
We love to pair these french fries with Air Fryer Cheeseburgers. This particular recipe is going to focus on using frozen french fries, not fresh ones. If you are looking for Air Fryer Fresh French Fries, check out this recipe.
Air fryers are a great tool for cooking frozen French fries because they use hot air to circulate around the food, giving it a crispy texture without the need for excess oil.
This means you can enjoy your favorite snack without the guilt of deep-frying in oil.
Can you cook frozen french fries in the air fryer?
These can easily be cooked in the air fryer. There is no need for lots of oil, it’s easy to make these with some cooking oil spray, we prefer olive oil cooking spray. I also like to add some garlic salt to our fries too.
Once you have your fries of choice, simply spray the air fryer basket with olive oil cooking spray and add the fries to the basket. These are best spread out evenly, I usually do layer a bit but you will get the best result with one even layer.
It also works best to mix them or shake them up about halfway through the cooking time.
Do you put oil on frozen french fries?
There is no need for heavy oil on the fries, but you can use a light spray of olive oil cooking spray. This will give it a light coating to get it to that golden color you are going for.
For a higher smoke point use Grapeseed Oil Spray.
How long should these be cooked?
There are a few things you want to keep in mind when making these, the first is that all air fryers heat differently, even the same brand. It’s true!
I have found that the perfect time for us is 400 degrees for 20 minutes, it gives them the crisp taste I want in a french fry.
This recipe will suggest 20 minutes, which has been the perfect time for our french fries, I’d suggest checking in on them around 15 minutes to be sure that yours cook to your preferred crispness.
I can’t stress enough that every air fryer machine puts out a different level of heat, so the times are a guide but you must check in on them.
Tips for the Perfect Air Fryer Frozen French Fries:
- Do not overcrowd the basket, be sure to leave room for air to circulate around the fries to evenly cook them.
- Add a variety of seasonings to season the fries, such as garlic powder, paprika, or seasoning of your choice.
- If you need to keep them warm while you continue to cook the remaining batches, set them in the oven at 200*F on a baking sheet.
Air fryer frozen French fries are a quick and easy snack or side dish that can be enjoyed anytime.
If you love these, then you’ll love making these Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls with Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls!
How to Make Air Fryer French Fries (Frozen Fries)
- 16 oz Frozen French Fries
- Garlic Salt to Taste
- Grapeseed Oil Cooking Spray
- Coat basket of air fryer with olive oil spray.
- Place the fries in the air fryer evenly in one layer, try to do as little layering as possible, and add a dash of garlic salt.
- Cook these for 10 minutes at 400 degrees, after 10 minutes, shake up or mix up the fries and add additional garlic salt.
- Cook for 5-10 additional minutes and serve.
- Remember – all air fryers heat differently, in a Ninja Air Fryer 20 minutes was perfect for ours, but it’s best to check them at the 10-minute mark and 15 minutes.
- Add more time if preferred to get to your desired level of crispness.
- If you are cooking in batches, place them on a cookie sheet in the oven at 200*F to stay warm.