Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries (Ninja Foodi Recipe)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Make the most delicious easy Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries in the Air Fryer or Ninja Foodi!
Are you ready for a wonderful treat? These Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries are a great side dish or snack for the day made with simple ingredients right out of the pantry plus sweet potatoes of course!
Tips for Making Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries:
It’s best to space these out well to allow them to cook evenly, which means you will likely need to do multiple batches unless you have that great new Ninja Foodi Double Air Fryer!
It’s also a must to turn these halfway through the cooking time, you want them to cook evenly on both sides. I’d say you should be able to fit about 1 sweet potato at a time into the air fryer depending on the size of yours in an even row.
Another quick tip, if you want to keep them warm in between batches, place them on a sheet pan as soon as they come out of the air fryer and into the oven at 220*F, this just keeps them warm while the other batches are cooking.
What do you need for Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries?
- Sweet Potatoes
- Olive Oil
- Black Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Parsley to Garnish
I also find it’s a good idea to keep a bottle of olive oil cooking spray handy when using an air fryer. It helps provide some oil to keep the fries moist.
Do you need to peel the sweet potatoes for sweet potato fries?
Peeling the sweet potatoes will be up to you and your personal preference. I prefer to leave the skin on but if you prefer to peel them, it works just as well.
When slicing them, you can slice them about 1/4-1/2 inch thick, remember they do shrink down just a bit in the air fryer too. Keep that in mind when slicing.
Can you make these in a Ninja Foodi?
These easy to make as Ninja Foodi Sweet Potato Fries. If you are using a Ninja Foodi Multi-Cooker, you’d simply use the air crisp function and all other instructions would be the same.
I typically make them in a Ninja Foodi Multi-Cooker, and I have my eye on that double air fryer.
Now let’s make a great Air Fryer Recipe!
- 2-3 Sweet Potatoes, Cleaned & Cut into Fries
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 Tsp Paprika
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- Parsley to Garnish
- Clean and cut the sweet potatoes into french fry slices, about 1/2-1/4 inch thick. It can be peeled or skin-on, it's up to you.
- Turn the air fryer to 400*F and let it run for about 5 minutes to preheat.
- Lightly spray the basket with olive oil cooking spray, remember it may be hot.
- Place the sweet potatoes into a bowl, drizzle the olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder over them.
- Mix them well to coat.
- Place each of the sweet potato fries evenly into the air fryer basket, they will need to be cooked most likely in batches to cook them all.
- Air Fry at 400*F for 10-15 minutes, rotating them halfway through the cooking time. The cook time will vary depending on your desired crispiness.
- Remove them when done and place on a sheet pan, place in the oven at 220*F if you prefer to keep warm while the other batches cook.
- Continue cooking the remaining batches.
- Serve immediately after cooked with your favorite dipping sauces.
Remember that all air fryer temperatures vary, so it's best to check on these around 10 minutes to get the right level of crispiness for your air fryer.
If using a Ninja Foodi, use the air crisp function.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 230Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 384mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 4gSugar: 6gProtein: 3g