Make the best Gluten-Free Air Fryer Chicken Tenders in just 12 minutes with simple ingredients!
It’s no secret that I love my air fryer and it’s just made even better when you get the right chicken to cook in the air fryer. Have you ever cooked chicken in the air fryer?
Can you stack chicken in the air fryer?
No, do not stack chicken in the air fryer. It will not fully cook this way and the breading would stick or fall off. It’s best to lay the chicken out in an even row so that it can cook on both sides evenly.
Can you cook frozen chicken in the air fryer?
I don’t recommend cooking frozen chicken in the air fryer, it does need to be defrosted first. If you have a pressure cooker or Ninja Foodi, you can likely pressure cook it to defrost it fast, then move on to the air fryer function.
How long do you need to marinate Air Fryer Chicken Tenders?
I would suggest preparing the chicken the night before you plan to serve them or the morning of and letting them marinate throughout the day or overnight. This really allows the flavor to soak in and helps create juicy chicken tenders.
What do you use to make these gluten-free?
These chicken tenders are easy to make gluten-free by switching out the flour. I use Better Batter Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour to make mine; however, you can use your favorite gluten-free all-purpose flour.
Tips for making Gluten-Free Air Fryer Crispy Chicken Tenders:
Keep the olive oil spray handy while making this recipe, it’s best to really coat these well to get the flour coating nice and browned without that powdery residue. These need to be turned over halfway through the cooking time and it can vary from each air fryer.
We cook these for 12 minutes at 390 degrees or until they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees with a quick read thermometer.
Now, it’s time to purchase your family bundle and make these fabulous Air Fryer Crispy Chicken Tenders.
Easy Air Fryer Chicken Tenders (Gluten-Free)
- 15-20 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Tenderloins Thawed
- 3/4 Cup Milk
- 1/4 Cup Dill Pickle Juice
- 1 Egg Beaten
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour or Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper
- Olive Oil Spray
- In a Ziploc bag, combine the milk, pickle juice, and egg. Depending on the amount of chicken, 2 bags may be needed. Each bag fits about 8-10.
- Place the chicken inside the bag and seal it up, lay it flat so all the chicken is covered. It's best to place inside another pan in case of leaks.
- Let this sit in the fridge overnight or at least 4 hours.
- Once you are ready to cook the chicken, combine the flour, salt, paprika, and ground pepper in another bag.
- Take the chicken out of the marinade, letting the excess marinade drip off it and then place it inside the bag with the flour mixture.
- Seal and shake the bag so all the chicken is well coated in the mixture.
- Carefully remove the chicken from the bag, shaking off the excess and place in the basket of the air fryer.
- Coat with olive oil spray.
- Cook at 390 degrees for 6 minutes.
- Carefully turn the chicken, coat with additional spray and cook for an additional 6 minutes until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of at least 165 degrees.
- Repeat the process for the remaining chicken.
- To get the golden brown look, spray with olive oil spray just before serving.