Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Tenders are so simple to make and ready to eat in less than 20 minutes, easy to make gluten-free too!
Are you ready for a tasty dinner to pair with your Air Fryer French Fries? These Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Tenders are just the thing!
We decided to adapt the Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower Wings to make tenders and they turned out perfectly.
I also decided not to tell my son it was spicy, that was fun! I’ve never seen him run for milk fast enough, he did love the meal though, which says a lot because he’s always been super picky.
Tips for Making Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Tenders:
This particular recipe makes just about 8 chicken tenderloins. I’d start with all the ingredient measurements listed, then add additional amounts if needed.
Sometimes the ingredients can vary based on what exactly you are using, for instance, the breadcrumbs can vary a bit.
The most important tip is to be sure to completely pat the chicken dry before breading. If you do not do this step the breading will fall off the chicken while eating, find more tips on breading the chicken in this article.
As always, all air fryers heat differently too, so it is important to watch the chicken closely. This chicken cooked in about 12-15 minutes at 390*F in a Ninja Air Fryer. The most important thing is that the chicken has an internal temperature of at least 165*F before serving.
Can you make this recipe gluten-free?
Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Tenders are easy to make gluten-free with a simple swap, use gluten-free breadcrumbs.
I have been using Ian’s Original Panko Breadcrumbs and they work really well for this particular recipe.
Also, be sure the buffalo sauce that you use is gluten-free too, it should be naturally gluten-free but always check the ingredients.
Now it’s time to enjoy a tasty meal!
Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Tenders
- 8 Chicken Tenderloins Boneless
- 4 Tbsp Butter Melted
- 1/2 Cup Buffalo Sauce
- 1 Cup Gluten-Free or Regular Breadcrumbs
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Pepper
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- In a large bowl, whisk together the butter and buffalo sauce and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the bread crumbs, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Completely pat the chicken dry - this is necessary to keep the breading on the chicken when eating.
- Dip each chicken piece into the buffalo sauce mixture then fully coat with the breading and place in the air fryer basket evenly.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes in the air fryer at 390*F or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches at least 165*F.
- Once done, carefully remove and serve with a dipping sauce of choice.