Get ready for game day with these Easy Air Fryer Buffalo Wings!
Buffalo Wings are a game-day must-have, right? They are around our house and I have to say…I never thought I’d be so excited for football season, but I’m so excited to see something semi-normal.
That means though every weekend includes game day foods right now and air fryer game day recipes are the BEST!
What do you need for Air Fryer Buffalo Wings?
- Chicken Wings
- Buffalo Sauce
- Olive Oil Spray
That’s all you need for this recipe, I decided to use Frank’s Redhot Buffalo Sauce, it’s the best sauce or at least the most-loved in our family.
Tips for Making Air Fryer Buffalo Wings:
Many will dip the wings in the sauce first, but I decided to go ahead and cook the chicken first, then we coated it in a mixture of sauce and butter.
It turned out really well because the sauce really clings to the cooked chicken wings quickly and it had just the right amount of flavor.
The chicken wings need to be cooked until they reach an internal temperature of 165*F, which is best checked with a quick read thermometer.
Our wings usually take about 20 minutes in our air fryer and many times I’ll do them in batches to cook more wings, but it’s easy to fit about 6-8 in each batch depending on the size of your air fryer.
Once you have the wings cooked, combine the melted butter and buffalo sauce and then dip and coat each wing and place it on a sheet pan.
We will usually cover a sheet pan with some parchment paper and then just serve them right off the pan. These will need to sit for just a few minutes and the sauce will soak right on into the wings.
Now, let’s eat these Air Fryer Buffalo Wings!
- 6-12 Chicken Wings, Flats & Drummettes
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- 4 Tbsp Melted Butter
- 1/2 Cup Buffalo Sauce
- Salt/Pepper to Taste
- Coat the air fryer basket with olive oil cooking spray.
- Place chicken wings in the basket and cook at 390*F for 20 minutes, rotate them after 10 minutes.
- The internal temperature should reach at least 165*F.
- While these are cooking melt the butter and whisk together with the buffalo sauce.
- Once wings are cooked, dip them and coat in the buffalo sauce mixture and place them on a sheet pan to rest for about 2-5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper as well to taste if preferred.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 440Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 106mgSodium: 1345mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 16g