20 Minute Air Fryer Chicken Wings
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Get ready for a tasty dinner with these 20 Minute Air Fryer Chicken Wings!
I would say that one of the most popular air fryer chicken recipes to make is air fryer wings. Would you agree?
When we first received our air fryer, that was the first thing my husband wanted to try. It did take us a little bit to figure out and get used to, but now we make chicken wings quite a bit in the air fryer.
How many wings can you cook in an air fryer?
This is going to vary quite a bit based on the size of your air fryer. I used drummettes and a 4-quart air fryer basket, fitting 6 in the basket. I did 2 batches of these to make 12 total.
I would suggest that if you are feeding a large crowd, definitely go with Baked Chicken Wings, as you will be able to make a larger batch.
If you are simply cooking for maybe a family of 4, the air fryer is a great way to do that. Some of you may just like the taste of the air fryer over the oven baked chicken wings, just prepare to do multiple batches.
I am now using a Ninja Foodi Air Fryer; however, you can check out a variety of different air fryers in my post on, How to Choose the Right Air Fryer. This is a great Ninja Foodi Recipe!
What do you need to cook Air Fryer Chicken Wings?
- Chicken Wings (Drumettes & Flats)
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray
Do you use foil in the Air Fryer?
I prefer to use foil in the air fryer, this is totally preference. If you do use foil, be sure to roll it up on the sides or cut it to fit in a way that still allows the air to circulate.
Are air fried wings healthy?
In some ways, yes, they can be because you are not deep frying or using large amounts of oil. Remember though, they can easily be made unhealthy by adding lots of sauces and things to them.
Air frying does reduce the amount of oil and fats but it doesn’t completely eliminate them all.
In saying that, for more on the health factors of using an air fryer, be sure to check out this article on Healthline.
Tips for making Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Spray the basket or foil with a non-stick cooking spray or olive oil spray.
- Turn the wings after 10 minutes so that they are evenly cooked on both sides.
- Chicken wings should have an internal temperature of 165 degrees to ensure they are well done.
Do you need a meat thermometer?
This ThermoPro is my go-to meat thermometer. We use this for everything, it’s amazing actually.
The company is great too, we had an issue with ours and they were quick to help us and replace what we needed. In our case, the issue was our own doing too, not theirs and they were still very helpful.
More Air Fryer Chicken Recipes
If you want more air fryer recipes right at your fingertips, be sure to grab the e-book. This e-book features 15 Easy Air Fryer Recipes!
- 6-12 Chicken Wings - Flats & Drumettes
- Olive Oil Spray
- Salt to Taste
- Pepper to Taste
- Barbecue Sauce
- Spray the air fryer basket or foil-lined air fryer basket with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the wings evenly into the basket. In a 4-quart air fryer basket, 6 wings fit well. Adjust this as needed for the size of your air fryer.
- Add an even coat of olive oil spray, a dash of salt and pepper to the wings.
- Cook at 390 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Turn and cook for an additional 10 minutes at 390 degrees.
- Be sure the internal temperature of the wings is at least 165 degrees.
- Coat with barbecue sauce if you prefer or other dipping sauces.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 221 Total Fat: 16g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 48mg Sodium: 383mg Carbohydrates: 8g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 2g Protein: 10g