Gluten-Free Air Fryer Onion Rings
Sit back and enjoy this Easy Air Fryer Onion Rings Recipe, plus they can be made gluten free too.
It was a great pairing, these are delicious and perfect as a side item. I adapted my Air Fryer Fried Pickles Recipe to make these.
Are you ready for a tasty snack this weekend? These are perfect to try out in your new air fryer.
Not sure about an Air Fryer? Check out this post on Everything You Need to Know about An Air Fryer too!
This same method can actually be used for a variety of foods like zucchini, squash, green tomatoes, and more. If you want that breaded taste, try this method.
We make ours with gluten-free all-purpose flour, but you can easily make these with regular flour too if you prefer.
It will work and taste fabulous!
It’s very easy to make onion rings in the air fryer.
Now, let’s get to these Air Fryer Onion Rings!
What do you need for Air Fryer Onion Rings?
- Air Fryer
- White Onion
- Breadcrumbs or Gluten Free Breadcrumbs
- Cooking Spray
That’s all you need for the best Air Fryer Onion Rings. The main thing is that you really need to slice the onions as you would expect onion rings to be sized, then soak them well in the buttermilk.
This really enhances the flavor, plus the way the breading adheres to it.
I also like to foil line my Air Fryer just to help avoid a mess after. I used a Midea 3.7L to make these and did it in 3 batches for 1 large White Onion.
This is a great size for a family of 4; however, I would definitely suggest a larger one if you cook more like I do. I typically do recipes for at least 6, so larger would be better.
I’m hoping to upgrade to a larger one soon too.
If you want all these recipes right at your fingertips, be sure to grab the e-book. This e-book features 15 Easy Air Fryer Recipes!
More Air Fryer Vegetable Recipes
- 1 Large White Onion Sliced about 1/4 inch slices.
- 1 Cup Buttermilk
- 2 Cups Gluten-Free All Purpose Flour or Regular Flour
- 2 Eggs Beaten
- 2 Cups Gluten-Free Breadcrumbs or Regular Bread Crumbs
- Salt to Taste
- Place the onions in a shallow bowl or dish and pour the buttermilk over them.
- Let them sit and soak for 1-2 hours.
- Prepare a bowl for the flour, a separate bowl for beaten eggs, and another bowl for the breadcrumbs.
- Add a dash of salt to the breadcrumbs.
- Dip the onions in the flour, dust off any excess.
- Dip them in the eggs, let the excess drip off.
- Coat with the breadcrumbs.
- Place evenly in the Air Fryer.
- At this point, you can add some salt to them or salt them after they are done.
- Fry them in the Air Fryer on 390* for about 5 minutes on each side or until they are crispy.
- If you prefer, spray with some cooking spray to get them a little bit more brown in color.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 131 Total Fat: 1g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 19mg Sodium: 149mg Carbohydrates: 24g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 2g Protein: 5g