Make a delicious chicken with this Air Fryer Whole Chicken, it’s just like a rotisserie chicken!
Making a whole chicken in the Air Fryer or Ninja Foodi may just be my FAVORITE way to make chicken. This can be done in the Ninja Foodi with the Pressure Cooker option too, for that, be sure to check out this Ninja Foodi Whole Chicken.
The main difference will be the air fryer will have an end result of a crispy chicken, while the pressure cooker falls off the bone.
In this case, we are going to focus on the Air Fryer or the Air Crisp function of the Ninja Foodi for this recipe.
This Air Fryer Whole Chicken will come out tasting like that slow-roasted rotisserie-style chicken from the deli. It’s simply delicious!
Tips for Making Air Fryer Whole Chicken:
This Air Fryer Whole Chicken is seasoned with Lemon Pepper, but you can literally do any type of seasoning you prefer, it’s all going to work exactly the same.
It’s also best to have some olive oil cooking spray on hand, this will be needed to coat the chicken to give it that crispy skin.
It’s best to start with the breast side down, it’s said this helps get that juicy chicken; however, if you do not do that, it will still work out just fine so don’t get too worried.
After cooking it for about 40 minutes, it needs to be flipped over to evenly cook. We found the best way to do this, was to move the chicken to a cutting board and then put back in the air fryer flipped the other way. It is totally up to you and your personal preference.
When we flipped it, we also coated it again with olive oil cooking spray and a little bit more lemon pepper so that both sides had plenty.
How should you cut a whole chicken?
It’s a best-served breast side up and cut from that point and work throughout the chicken.
We use this chicken for this Ninja Foodi White Chicken Chili too, it’s enough to feed a family of 4, plus have enough left to make that chili too!
Enjoy this delicious Air Fryer Whole Chicken!
- 4-5 Pound Whole Chicken Fryer with Giblet Removed
- Olive Oil Spary
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Pepper
- Sliced Lemon, Optional
- Prep the chicken by removing the ties around the legs and giblet if not already removed.
- Coat the chicken with olive oil spray and evenly sprinkle the lemon pepper over the chicken.
- Let it rest for about 10 minutes.
- When ready to cook, spray the basket of the air fryer with olive oil spray and place the chicken in the air fryer, it is best-done breast side down first.
- Cook at 360*F in the air fryer for 40 minutes.
- After 40 minutes, carefully turn the chicken. We found it was easiest to carefully place the chicken on a cutting board to rotate it, but it is up to your preference at this point.
- When flipping the chicken, you can add sliced lemon where the giblet goes if you prefer.
- Once it's flipped, continue cooking for 30-40 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches at least 165*F.
- Serve it breast side up or cut to your preference.
Note - it can be served to your preference either side up, to cut, serve it breast side up and begin cutting.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 555Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 200mgSodium: 455mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 62g