Make the BEST fall side dish with this Air Fryer Acorn Squash with hints of maple too!
If you’re on the hunt for a delicious, healthy, and hassle-free side dish, look no further than air fryer acorn squash.
When prepared in the Air Fryer this vegetable turns into a caramelized, sweet treat that will simply melt in your mouth!
This recipe is adapted from my oven-roasted acorn squash recipe.
Why should you make Air Fryer Acorn Squash?
- Time – This recipe takes half the time that it would take in the oven, it’s easier to make if you only need 2 servings because acorn squash is best served freshly roasted.
- Better for you option – If you are craving something sweet with no oil, this is a great less oil option. It can even be made with a low-sugar alternative like Splenda Brown Sugar to cut back on some of the sugar.
- Caramelized – When made in the air fryer, the outside flesh of the acorn squash will be crispy while the inside will have lots of natural sweetness and be soft and easy to eat with a fork.
How do you cut acorn squash?
There is no need to peel the acorn squash, simply cut it right in half from the stem to the bottom.
Once it’s cut, use a spoon to scoop out all the seeds in the center.
How do you air fry acorn squash?
Once the squash is cut, place it directly into the basket of the air fryer.
Once it’s in the air fryer, the center of the squash will be filled with butter, a sprinkle of brown sugar, and maple syrup.
This will give it a wonderful caramelized exterior with a hint of sweet maple flavor.
Once it’s all done, you can easily eat it with a fork and scoop out that delicious goodness.
More Air Fryer Squash Recipes:
Air Fryer Acorn Squash
- 1 Acorn Squash
- 2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp Pure Maple Syrup
- Preheat the air fryer to 360°F for 5 minutes.
- Cut the squash in half and clean out the seeds with a large spoon.
- Place each half directly into the air fryer basket flesh side up.
- Add 1 Tbsp butter to the center of each half of the squash.
- Add 1/2 Tbsp brown sugar to each half of the squash.
- Drizzle evenly with maple syrup.
- Air Fry at 360°F for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve warm.