Make this EASY Air Fryer Spaghetti Squash in minutes, plus easy to make in the Ninja Foodi too!
One of my favorite low-carb options for pasta is spaghetti squash. It’s just SO GOOD! Plus, it’s even better when you get that roasted taste and texture by making it in your Air Fryer.
If you want a pressure cooker option, be sure to check out this Ninja Foodi Spaghetti Squash.
Today, we are going to focus on using the Air Fryer or the Air Crisp function of the Ninja Foodi.
Does it matter what Air Fryer I use?
Yes and No! What do I mean?
It does matter what machine or air fryer you use when it comes to cooking time. Every single machine that I have tested and tried over the years puts off a different amount of heat.
I can set a machine to 330*F and my Ninja Foodi Air Fryer at 330*F will be hotter, so it will always vary when it comes to cooking time.
It can still be made in any Air Fryer, but you may need to add or take away a few minutes of cooking time for your machine. That means you will always want to keep a close eye on the recipe you are trying if it’s your first time making it in your machine.
I almost always check on mine halfway through the cooking time and as it gets near the end of the cooking time too. It can always be adjusted.
Tips for Making Air Fryer Spaghetti Squash:
Many machines will only fit half of the spaghetti squash, so you can easily store the other half to save for later or you can cook it in batches.
It’s best to use a smaller spaghetti squash nearly 2 pounds.
If you want to store the other half, simply wrap it with plastic wrap and place it in the fridge. It will stay fresh for up to 2 days in the fridge.
If you want to go ahead and make it, then make it in batches if needed.
This can also be served with or without the garlic butter too.
When cutting a spaghetti squash you must use a very sharp knife. These can be very difficult to cut so a dull knife will not work or it will at least make the process harder than necessary.
Air Fryer Spaghetti Squash has a great roasted flavor and texture without roasting. It’s a simpler way to make spaghetti squash.
Air Fryer Spaghetti Squash
- 1 Small Spaghetti Squash (About 2 Pounds)
- 2 Tbsp Grapeseed Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Paprika
Garlic Butter (Optional)
- 2 Tbsp Butter, Melted and Cooled
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Dry Parsley
- Cut the spaghetti in half lengthwise. This needs to be done with a very sharp knife.
- If only 1 half fits in your air fryer, you can wrap the other half in plastic wrap to use later if you do not want to make it immediately. It will keep in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- Place the spaghetti squash on a plate and with a fork, scoop out the sides.
- Pour the oil on the squash cut side up, you can also use grapeseed oil spray too.
- Sprinkle it with salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika.
- Place in the air fryer basket and air fry at 360*F for 20 minutes or until soft. Depending on the size and the type of air fryer the time may vary.
- Once the spaghetti is tender to the touch or you can easily insert a fork in it, carefully remove and place on a plate.
- Using a fork, gently fluff up the inside. It will be thin and long and look like thin spaghetti.
- Serve as is or with the garlic butter option added in.
- If you use the garlic butter option, simply mix the ingredients together and pour over the spaghetti squash just like you would with pasta sauce.