Make a great lunch or dinner with these Easy Air Fryer Tostadas, also simple to make gluten-free!
If you love to make tacos in the air fryer, then these Air Fryer Tostadas will quickly become one of your go-to meals too!
There are a few different methods of making tostadas in the air fryer, so let’s discuss those!
How do you make Air Fryer Tostadas?
There are two ways to make these in the air fryer. One of them is going to be by heating up the tortilla before adding your toppings.
This will give you a nice, crispy shell similar to the store-bought tostada shells. The benefit of this method is that you can flip the tortilla over to give it a nice even cooking time.
It’s important that with either method, you have Grapeseed Oil Spray on hand to coat the tortilla with when placing it in the air fryer basket and also when rotating it.
The second method, and my personal favorite will be heating the tortilla up after you’ve added a layer of beans and meat.
My husband likes to think of the second method as more of a soft taco, but really you still get some of that crunch from tostadas but your beans and meat are baked right on into the tortilla too.
Either way works really well and will depend on your personal preference.
How long do you cook Air Fryer Tostadas?
We have found with either method, keeping the air fryer at 360°F is the best temperature and then these will take about 6-8 minutes of total cooking time.
Remember that ALL air fryers heat differently, so it’s very important to watch them closely.
Can you heat tostada shells in the air fryer?
If you are purchasing store-bought tostada shells that have already been cooked, you can heat these in the air fryer.
I would heat them for 2-3 minutes at 360°F. This will just warm them up and then move on with building your tostada.
Are you ready for dinner? It’s time to enjoy a wonderful meal!
Air Fryer Tostadas
- 8 Street Taco White Corn Tortillas
- 1 Lb Ground Beef
- 1 Package Gluten-Free or Regular Taco Seasoning
- 2 Cups Refried Beans
- 1 Cup Diced Tomatoes
- Black Olives
- Shredded Cheese
- In a medium-sized skillet or the pot of the Ninja Foodi, brown the ground beef and add in the taco seasoning per the package instructions. Set aside.
- Option 1 – Coat the basket of the air fryer with grapeseed oil spray, then place the tortilla in the air fryer. Coat it with grapeseed oil spray again and cook at 360°F for 3-4 minutes on each side to get a crispy tostada shell.
- Option 2 – Add a layer or warm refried beans and meat to the tortilla. Coat the basket of the air fryer with grapeseed oil spray, then place it inside the basket. Cook at 360°F for 6 minutes.
- Carefully remove the tostada and top with your additional toppings.
- Repeat process for additional tortillas.