Make the best Air Fryer Crispy Chicken Wings, perfect for dinner or parties!
Let’s talk about Air Fryer Chicken Wings and all you need to know about them. This post is going to focus on crispy chicken wings that are seasoned with garlic parmesan.
Air Fryer Crispy Chicken Wings happen to be one of our favorites. These can be made with drummettes, flats, or wings, any part of the chicken will work with this method.
Tips for Making Air Fryer Crispy Chicken Wings:
The most important thing when making these is to be sure not to overcrowd your air fryer. In order for them to get crispy, the air needs to be able to circulate well.
It’s best to prepare these by placing them in a 9×13 dish or on a large baking sheet to be able to evenly coat them with the butter and seasoning.
They are topped with Parmigiano Cheese which really gives them an extra boost of flavor, I wouldn’t skip it!
These wings are not spicy, but if you want to add spice you can easily add in some Cayenne Pepper and spice them up.
How do you reheat crispy chicken wings?
These can of course be heated in the microwave but our preferred method is the air fryer.
These can be reheated at 350*F for about 3-4 minutes in your air fryer.
Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the wings, getting them close to 175*F. This temperature will yield the juiciest wings!
Do you need oil for air fryer crispy chicken wings?
Oil is not needed for air fryer chicken wings; however, I like to keep grapeseed oil spray on hand just in case they look a little dry or floury.
If you see any dry or floury wings, give them a nice coat of grapeseed oil spray and they will crisp right up and be nice and juicy.
What are the best dipping sauces for chicken wings?
We have THREE major ones that ALWAYS end up on our table for chicken wings!
What are some of your favorites?
Air Fryer Crispy Chicken Wings
- 2 Pounds Chicken Wings (Wings, Drumettes, and Flats)
- 2 Tbsp Butter, Melted and Cooled
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 1/4 Cup Freshly Grated Parmigiano Cheese
- Unpack the wings and place in a large bowl or 9×13 dish.
- Pour the butter over the wings to coat them.
- In a small bowl, mix the garlic powder, minced garlic, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Sprinkle the seasoning over the chicken wings and gently pat until they are well coated.
- Sprinkle the cornstarch and Parmigiano over each wing and rub to coat.
- Preheat the air fryer for 2 minutes.
- Place wings evenly in the basket and air fry at 380*F for 12 minutes.
- Flip the wings and cook an additional 12 minutes.
- The internal temperature should be at least 165*F; however, it is best to cool these up to 175*F.
- Serve and Enjoy!