Air Fryer Honey Garlic Chicken Wings
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Get ready for a party with Air Fryer Honey Garlic Chicken Wings!
Guess what season it is? Football! What is a popular recipe made during football season? Air Fryer Chicken Wings!
One of our favorites are these 20 Minute Air Fryer Chicken Wings but they get even better when you make them nice and crispy with Honey Garlic Sauce.
I decided to adapt Air Fryer Honey Garlic Chicken to make this Air Fryer Honey Garlic Chicken Wings. These are perfect for game day or really dinner too. We love to make these for a quick dinner as well, they are just right for kids.
Can you use aluminum foil in the air fryer?
Yes, you can use aluminum foil in the air fryer, it actually makes for an easy clean up especially for wings. It’s important to be sure that if you do use the aluminum foil that it is rolled up on the side so the air can still circulate.
Why are wings better in the air fryer?
There is absolutely NO oil needed when making chicken wings in the air fryer, but they still get that crispy taste that you are craving. That means you get that delicious wing you want without all the extra calories.
How many wings can you fit in the air fryer basket?
Depending on the size of the wings, normally you can fit about 10-12 wings. These may need to be made in batches if you need more wings. The sauce that you will be making for these wings can coat up to 24 wings or it can be saved to use for later.
How do you make Honey Garlic Sauce gluten-free?
It’s easy to make the Honey Garlic Sauce is easy to make gluten-free using Gluten-Free Soy Sauce. It’s a simple switch if you do want it lower sodium you can also use a low-sodium soy sauce too; however, those are usually not gluten-free.
It’s time to whip up some delicious Air Fryer Honey Garlic Chicken Wings!
Find more great products in my store on Amazon!
- 12 Chicken Wings
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- 1/2 Cup Soy Sauce or Gluten Free Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Ketchup
- 1 Clove Crushed Garlic
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 Tbsp Cornstarch
- Line the air fryer basket with foil, be sure air can still circulate on the side, then coat it with olive oil spray.
- Add the chicken wings to the basket.
- Cook at 390 degrees in the air fryer for 10 minutes.
- While the wings are cooking, using a small saucepan add in the honey, soy sauce, ketchup, garlic, and ginger.
- Whisk well and let this warm to low boil.
- Once boiling whisk in the cornstarch.
- Let this cook for another 1-2 minutes until it begins to thicken. If needed add an additional 1/2 Tbsp of cornstarch to thicken the sauce. Set aside.
- Once the chicken is cooked for 10 minutes, turn over and cook for an additional 7 minutes.
- Open the air fryer and coat each wing with ample sauce.
- Cook again for another 3 minutes at 390 degrees.
- Remove and serve.
Remember, that most air fryer baskets will fit 10-12 wings, you can make an additional 10-12 easily with the remaining sauce or save it to use later.
This recipe is best done by foil lining your basket because you are going to be using honey in the sauce and it's not so fun to scrape off the basket.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 144 Total Fat: 7g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 22mg Sodium: 789mg Carbohydrates: 17g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 12g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 6g