Air Fryer Fried Pickles
Make your favorite Fried Pickles even better with these Air Fryer Fried Pickles, they can also be made gluten-free too!
Air Fryer Fried Pickles
My Air Fryer obsession just keeps growing. It’s so strong now that my Air Fryer has gained countertop real estate. Now, that is a big deal around here because I only let the appliances that I truly use regularly up there.
It’s sitting right next to the other appliance that I can’t live without, the coffee pot.
I won’t knock the slow cooker or the Instant Pot entirely, but the Air Fryer is my go-to for everything. It’s my saving grace when I’m in a pinch, you can literally cook nearly everything in it…even toast!
I also love that I don’t have to heat up my oven and get so many pans out to cook dinner, simply toss the food in the Air Fryer and cook it and serve it.
Try this Air Fryer Chicken Teriyaki Bowl too.
How do you make Air Fryer Pickles?
This past week, I decided to try some Gluten-Free Air Fryer Fried Pickles and they were delicious!
Of course, you can make these with regular bread crumbs if gluten-free isn’t a need for you.
We decided to serve ours with ranch dressing, that’s just a must in Oklahoma. Then, we ate up! Basically you can use any of your favorite varieties of pickles to make these.
Plus, you can use this same method to make Onion Rings in the Air Fryer too or Air Fryer Squash, basically anything can be made with this method of breading them.
I made these Air Fryer Fried Pickles by adapting my recipe for Baked Squash Chips.
What types of recipes have you tried in the Air Fryer?
Enjoy this fried pickle recipe for the air fryer.
If you want all these recipes right at your fingertips, be sure to grab the e-book. This e-book features 15 Easy Air Fryer Recipes!
- 2 Cups Sliced Pickles Drained
- 1 Cup Buttermilk
- 2 Cups Gluten-Free All Purpose Flour or Regular Flour
- 2 Eggs Beaten
- 2 Cups Gluten-Free Breadcrumbs or Regular Bread Crumbs
- Salt to Taste
- Place the pickles in a shallow bowl or dish and pour the buttermilk over them.
- Let them sit and soak for 1-2 hours.
- Prepare a bowl for the flour, a separate bowl for beaten eggs, and another bowl for the breadcrumbs.
- Add a dash of salt to the breadcrumbs.
- Dip the pickles in the flour, dust off any excess.
- Dip them in the eggs, let the excess drip off.
- Coat with the breadcrumbs.
- Place evenly in the Air Fryer.
- At this point, you can add some salt to them or salt them after they are done.
- Fry them in the Air Fryer on 390* for about 5 minutes on each side or until they are crispy.
- If you prefer, spray with some cooking spray to get them a little bit more brown in color.
Nutritional information will vary based on how many pickles that you make.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 30 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 87 Total Fat: 1g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 13mg Sodium: 180mg Carbohydrates: 16g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 1g Protein: 3g