Make these easy, delicious Air Fryer Carrots in minutes!
Air Fryer Carrots may be my favorite vegetable to date that is made in the air fryer. They are so good, almost addictive!
These particular carrots are soaked for about an hour in a cider and sugar mixture, which happens to make them taste even more delicious; however, you can make these without soaking them as well.
I will share with you how to make carrots in the air fryer in two different ways!
Can you use baby carrots for Air Fryer Carrots?
This recipe can be done with either baby carrots or you can use full-size carrots that are peeled and slice, which is what I did for these. This absolutely works out either way.
How long do you cook carrots in the air fryer?
These will be cooked at 390*F for about 20 minutes, due to all air fryers heating differently, it’s best to check on them for around 15 minutes.
How do you cook carrots in the air fryer?
These carrots are first soaked in a cider and sugar soak, similar to these Cider-Glazed Carrots. This is a delicious way to make these carrots, I like to just let the carrots soak for about an hour, but 30 minutes will work too.
Once done, I drain off the water and then add the carrots to the air fryer. It gives them a great sweet and savory taste.
It’s also best to keep the cooking oil spray of your choice on hand, this is great to use to give them a little oil without too much. I also add a bit of garlic salt at the end to add to the flavor.
Air Fryer Carrots are the perfect choice for a side dish, we paired these with Air Fryer Chicken Thighs.
Enjoy this easy side dish!
- 1 lb Sliced Carrots (Baby Carrots will work too.)
- 1 Tbsp Grapeseed Oil
- 1 1/2 Cups Apple Cider
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar, Packed
- Garlic Salt (Optional)
- Cooking Oil Spray of Choice
- Slice or prepare the carrots if not already sliced.
- Place the carrots in a bowl.
- Add the oil, apple cider, and brown sugar.
- Make sure it fully coats the carrots and let this sit and soak for about an hour.
- If you do not want to do this soak, just coat the carrots with the cooking oil spray and garlic salt and cook. The soak though really does bring out an amazing flavor in the carrots.
- Drain the liquid from the carrots and add the carrots to the basket of the air fryer.
- Cook at 390*F for about 20 minutes, stirring or mixing after about 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove and serve.
Due to all air fryers heating differently, start checking in around 15 minutes and if not soft enough to your liking, add an additional 5 minutes. These will come out as a roasted taste and texture.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 62Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 57mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 0g