Learn how easy it is to make Air Fryer Chicken Wings, plus 10 different ways!
Making Air Fryer Chicken Wings is likely the FIRST thing you will want to make in your Air Fryer! It always seems to be the go-to item of choice when you get your new appliance.
Did you know though that you can make chicken wings in the air fryer in a variety of ways? Of course, the classic is simply to add barbecue sauce and air fry the wings, but once you air fry the crispy wings, you really can sauce them up in any flavor you prefer.
Another option is to make the wings and then use a variety of dipping sauces. We have tried them in a variety of ways, my husband’s personal favorite is buffalo wings. Who doesn’t love those with a good football game?
How many wings can you cook in an air fryer?
This is going to vary quite a bit based on the size of your air fryer. I used drummettes and a 4-quart air fryer basket, fitting 6 in the basket. I did 2 batches of these to make 12 total.
I would suggest that if you are feeding a large crowd, definitely go with Baked Chicken Wings, as you will be able to make a larger batch.
If you are simply cooking for maybe a family of 4, the air fryer is a great way to do that.
Do you use foil in the Air Fryer?
I prefer to use foil in the air fryer, this is totally my preference. If you do use foil, be sure to roll it up on the sides or cut it to fit in a way that still allows the air to circulate.
These are a classic and they should be because you can get this crispy without all the oil.
Enjoy each of these recipes!
Air Fryer Chicken Wing Recipes
- 6-12 Chicken Wings – Flats & Drumettes
- Olive Oil Spray
- Salt to Taste
- Pepper to Taste
- Barbecue Sauce
- Spray the air fryer basket or foil-lined air fryer basket with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the wings evenly into the basket. In a 4-quart air fryer basket, 6 wings fit well. Adjust this as needed for the size of your air fryer.
- Add an even coat of olive oil spray, a dash of salt and pepper to the wings.
- Cook at 390 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Turn and cook for an additional 10 minutes at 390 degrees.
- Be sure the internal temperature of the wings is at least 165 degrees.
- Coat with barbecue sauce if you prefer or other dipping sauces.