Make a fresh batch of tasty chips with these easy Air Fryer Tortilla Chips!
It never fails when we go to a Mexican Restaurant, we can’t stop eating all those chips! Anyone else? Well, now you can make them right at home with these Air Fryer Tortilla Chips.
These chips have that same great-tasting flavor without all the oil.
Remember that with all air fryer recipes, EVERY air fryer heats differently so if this is your first time making these, be sure to watch it closely to get the correct cooking time for your air fryer.
What tortillas should you use for Air Fryer Tortilla Chips?
White Corn Tortillas work the BEST for these chips; however, you can also use yellow corn tortillas.
These are also typically naturally gluten-free, but if that is a need be sure to check the ingredients first before using them. I always use the Mission brand white corn tortillas.
Tips for Making Air Fryer Tortilla Chips:
These will take some oil to get that nicely browned coating, but not much.
First, place the tortillas out on a plate or pan, then use a brush and brush on some grapeseed oil or oil of your choice. I have been able to use olive oil without a problem; however, it does not have a high smoke point.
Grapeseed oil and Avocado Oil have a higher smoke point.
Once the oil is brushed on, use a pizza cutter and cut the tortilla into four pieces to create the chips.
Continue this process for the chips and place them evenly in the air fryer. Once they are in the air fryer, go ahead and cook these at 360*F for 8 minutes, check on them around 6 minutes.
If needed add additional time up to 10 minutes to get to the crispness you prefer. Additional oil can also be sprayed on them to get them more browned in color. Then, once done you can add some salt to your taste or you can add it during the cooking time too.
We have also paired these with Air Fryer Chicken and Shrimp Fajitas.
Enjoy these easy Air Fryer Tortilla Chips!
Air Fryer Tortilla Chips
- 8 White Corn Tortillas Fajita Size
- 2 Tbsp Grapeseed Oil or Avocado Oil
- Salt to Taste
- Brush each tortilla with oil.
- Cut the tortillas with a pizza cutter into fours to make the chips.
- Evenly place the tortilla pieces into the air fryer.
- Cook at 360*F for 8-10 minutes, check on them around 6 minutes.
- Make sure they are still evenly placed and coat with additional oil and salt if needed.
- Continue cooking until browned.
- Remove and serve immediately.
- Salt before serving if preferred.
- Repeat steps to make as many batches as you'd like.