Get ready for a delicious dessert with a creamy, lemon blueberry filling but without all the oil with these Air Fryer Cheesecake Chimichangas.
Air Fryer Beef Chimichangas are one of our favorite recipes around, but it gets even better for dessert with Air Fryer Cheesecake Chimichangas!
Better yet, have a chimichanga night and serve both!
These chimichangas are crispy on the outside with a creamy and sweet cheesecake inside, they are coated with a cinnamon sugar topping.
What is an Air Fryer Cheesecake Chimichanga?
This dessert is a great little twist on a Classic Mexican Chimichanga but with a cheesecake filling.
The filling will be a combination of cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract then you will add a layer of pie filling and roll them up.
After they are air fried, a coat of cinnamon sugar is added on top.
The perfect chimichanga is ready to go in about 15 minutes!
What flavors of Air Fryer Cheesecake Chimichangas can you make?
We made Air Fryer Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Chimichangas; however, you can use any pie filling flavor that you prefer.
That means they are customizable based on your taste preference. One of our favorites is to do strawberry cheesecake filling.
Can you reheat chimichangas?
This recipe makes 4 cheesecake chimichangas and while it is easy to store them in the fridge for up to 2 days, it’s best to eat them fresh.
The mixture can cause the tortillas to get soggy on the bottom and not taste nearly as good as coming out of the air fryer.
Can you make cheesecake chimichangas in the Ninja Foodi?
Cheesecake Chimichangas can easily be made in the Ninja Foodi or Ninja Speedi using these exact directions. We used a Ninja Speedi to make this recipe.
If you are using a Ninja product, you would use the Air Crisp function to create these.
Ready for dessert?!
Air Fryer Cheesecake Chimichangas
- 8 oz Cream Cheese, Room Temperature
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Zest from 1 Lemon
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 Whole Egg
- 3/4 Cup Blueberry Pie Filling (or Any of Choice)
- 4 Large Flour Tortillas
- 2 Tbsp Salted Butter, Melted
- 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- Preheat the Air Fryer, Ninja Foodi, or Ninja Speedi to 350*F for 4 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, use a hand mixer and whip the cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the lemon zest and vanilla extract.
- Add the powdered sugar, alternating with the egg. Mix until all ingredients are incorporated. Set aside. (It's best to do this a little at a time so that it does not cause the sugar to fly everywhere.)
- Place the tortillas in the air fryer, and use a trellis or 2 forks to weigh them down.
- Warm them at 350*F for 2 minutes.
- Place the warm tortillas on a plate.
- Add the cream cheese mixture in the middle in a line, about 1/4 cup.
- Place 3 Tbsp of pie filling on top of the cream cheese.
- Fold the 2 ends back on the filling, then roll the middle in to fold the tortilla.
- Place the tortillas back in the air fryer seam side down, and leave room in between so they can cook evenly.
- Air Fry at 350*F for 8-10 minutes or until nice and golden.
- Carefully remove and place on a plate, coat with melted butter.
- Roll in cinnamon and sugar mixture.