Make a tasty fajita combo with these Air Fryer Chicken and Shrimp Fajitas!
I’ve mentioned before that we LOVE to make fajitas, we typically have these at least once a week. It’s such a quick and easy meal for dinner.
This was perfect combining both the chicken and shrimp, which we actually hadn’t thought of until we ate at a restaurant that served it this way. It’s a wonderful combo.
Tips for Making Air Fryer Chicken and Shrimp Fajitas:
This recipe works the best with chicken thighs, chicken breasts tend to dry out faster than chicken thighs. It’s also a MUST to check or know your normal cooking time for chicken in your air fryer.
Every single air fryer is going to heat differently. This particular recipe in our air fryer, Ninja Foodi Air Fryer, takes 20-24 minutes to fully cook the chicken to the internal temperature of 165*F.
When making a combination of chicken and shrimp, the first thing you will want to do is cook the chicken for half of the time, so in our case for 10 minutes, then add in the shrimp in the final 10 minutes of cooking.
The shrimp is already pre-cooked and will not take long to cook in the air fryer.
When you open up the air fryer to add the shrimp, give the ingredients a good stir or shake and add in your preferred cooking oil spray. I use olive oil cooking spray from Pompeian Oils; however, if you prefer a higher heat spray, use coconut, grapeseed, or avocado.
These are best served with warm tortillas!
This recipe can be made as Ninja Foodi Chicken and Shrimp Fajitas too using the air crisp function and basket.
What seasoning should you use for Air Fryer Chicken and Shrimp Fajitas?
These can be made with your choice of fajita or taco seasoning. We use this Homemade Taco Seasoning, it’s easy to make with what is right in your pantry!
If you make a homemade seasoning, you will use 2 tablespoons of seasoning for this recipe.
Now, are you ready for dinner?
Check out the video tutorial too on YouTube for Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas!
Air Fryer Chicken and Shrimp Fajitas
- 2 Green Bell Pepper
- 2 Red Bell Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Sweet Onion
- 2 Tbsp Homemade or Store Bought Taco or Fajitas Seasoning Gluten-Free or Regular
- 6 Medium-Size Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs, Cut into Slices
- 12 oz Package of Small Cooked & Deveined Shrimp Tail-Off
- Cooking Spray Avocado, Coconut, Grapeseed, Etc.
- Tortillas and Additional Toppings of Choice
- Begin by slicing the bell peppers.
- Spray the basket of the air fryer with cooking oil spray of your choice.
- Add in the bell peppers and diced onion.
- Add in the cut chicken thighs.
- Coat with cooking oil spray of choice and top with the seasonings.
- Cook in the air fryer at 390*F for 10 Minutes (See Note)
- Add in the shrimp in the final 10 minutes of cooking time, stir it in and coat with more cooking oil spray.
- Cook for an additional 10 minutes or until heated through and chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165*F.
- Serve on tortillas with toppings of choice.