Make the most delicious simple meal with this Easy Air Fryer Salmon!
Salmon is a wonderfully simple meal to make right in your air fryer. It only takes about 10 minutes from start to finish!
How long do you cook salmon in the air fryer?
For fresh salmon, it typically takes about 10 minutes to fully cook up to an internal temperature of 145*F. We used a 16oz salmon fillet that took 10 minutes to fully cook.
Remember that all air fryers heat differently, so the first time you make salmon in the air fryer, it’s best to keep a close eye on it so that you get the right time for your specific air fryer.
How long do you cook frozen salmon in the air fryer?
A salmon fillet that is somewhat frozen in the middle will take about 13 minutes. Using a 16oz fillet, running it under cold water to get any ice off the fillet and cooking took 13 minutes to reach the internal temperature of 145*F.
Again this will vary based on your air fryer and the thickness of the fillet.
Tips for Making Air Fryer Salmon:
It’s best to take the salmon off the heat when it nears 145*F and then let it rest for about 5-10 minutes before serving. At this point, you can also spray it with some olive oil cooking spray as well to add some moisture if needed.
It’s very important to remove the salmon as soon as it’s nearing 145*F because overcooked salmon can get very dry.
To make this recipe, coat it well with cooking spray that is made for high heat such as avocado or grapeseed oil. Then, add a nice seasoning such as garlic salt and herbs or a no-salt-added Garlic & Herb seasoning. That’s our preference.
It’s even delicious to garnish it with some squeezed lemon juice.
What should you pair with this?
This meal is perfectly paired with some zucchini, squash, or Air Fryer Asparagus.
Easy Air Fryer Salmon
- 1 lb Salmon 2 8oz Fillets or 1 16oz Fillet or Fillet size of choice
- Grapeseed Avocado, or Coconut Oil Spray
- Garlic and Herb Seasoning
- Coat the salmon with a cooking spray of choice and the seasoning evenly.
- Let the salmon rest while the air fryer preheats for about 2-3 minutes.
- Cook in the air fryer at 400*F for 10 minutes if fresh and 13 minutes if frozen or until the internal temperature reaches 145*F.
- Remember to check on the salmon around 8 minutes as the cooking time can vary based on which air fryer is used.