Make a delicious dinner with this Air Fryer Crunchwrap recipe!
These Air Fryer Crunchwraps were made on a whim and became a favorite in our family, so I knew I had to share these with you!
This is very similar to those made at your local restaurant and it’s also easy to customize to your own taste and preference.
Tips for Making Air Fryer Crunchwrap:
When making the crunchwrap this works the best using crispy tostada shells, it’s one less step to have to cook the corn tortilla shells.
Once you have your tostada shells, you can go ahead and add the cooked taco meat along with your toppings of choice.
After you have all the toppings on your tostada shell, use a flour burrito and simply lay it right on top of the toppings, then flip the tostada and wrap up the flour tortilla right over it.
This will keep all the toppings in place, then you can place the entire thing right in your air fryer and fit as many as your air fryer basket will hold. In our case, I did them 1-2 at a time.
Air Fryer Crunchwraps can then be garnished with cilantro or any other topping you prefer.
What type of Taco Seasoning should you use?
These can be made with a store-bought packaged taco seasoning or Homemade Taco Seasoning. This is going to be completely up to your preference.
Can you make gluten-free Air Fryer Crunchwraps?
These crunchwraps can be made gluten-free with a gluten-free flour tortilla, such as the Mission Tortillas. These would work perfectly fine for this along with using gluten-free taco seasoning.
This would be the only major swaps needed to make these gluten-free.
Air Fryer Crunchwraps are simple to make in less than 10 minutes and a great customizable recipe for the entire family!
If you enjoy these, be sure to check out these Air Fryer Tacos too!
- 6 Burrito Size Flour Tortillas
- 6 Crispy Corn Tostada Shells
- 1 Lb Ground Beef
- 1 Package of Taco Seasoning or Homemade Taco Seasoning
- Nacho Cheese (Queso)
- Sour Cream
- Shredded Mexican Cheese
- Additional Toppings of Choice
- Cooking Oil Spray of Choice
- Begin by browning the ground beef in a skillet and adding in the taco seasoning per the package instructions.
- Once done, set aside the ground beef.
- Using the tostada corn shell, top the tostada with nacho cheese, ground beef, sour cream, tomato, cheese, or any toppings of your choice.
- Once this is topped, place a large burrito flour tortilla right on top of the ingredients and fold in on the other side, this takes some working with, flipping it so that it's completely folded up. (See Pictures)
- Coat your air fryer basket with the cooking oil spray of your choice.
- Place the crunchwrap carefully in the air fryer and cook at 360*F for 8 minutes, this can be coated with another coat of spray and you can also flip halfway if you prefer.
- Complete these steps for each additional crunchwrap.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 789Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 104mgSodium: 1470mgCarbohydrates: 72gFiber: 11gSugar: 7gProtein: 41g