Make these EASY Air Fryer Cinnamon Sugar Churros easily in your Air Fryer, Ninja Foodi, or Ninja Speedi!
If you are looking for a fantastic air-fried dessert, look no further than these amazing Air Fryer Churros!
If you are looking for a really simple method and process for dessert, then this may not be it! Making Air Fryer Churros is a very specific method and process to get the best churro.
These are made easily in the air fryer though without any oil, which is what makes them so great!
How do you make Air Fryer Cinnamon Sugar Churros?
Air Fryer Churros is a process and be sure to follow it to get the best result.
It’s best to make the churro batter and then let it chill in the fridge before using it. This allows it to go into the air fryer cold and not be sticky.
These will be made using a piping bag and a Wilton 1M Tip, then the batter will be piped directly into the basket of the Air Fryer.
If you prefer, you can coat the basket with Grapeseed Oil Spray to avoid sticking, however, we did not have any issues with the batter sticking to the basket.
It’s important to allow enough room around the churros for air to fully circulate, so this will need to be done in batches.
As each batch cooks, be sure to place the dough back into the fridge so that it does not become too warm.
This dough is going to be made from scratch and while mixing it, be sure to use a Danish dough whisk or a wooden spoon. A regular whisk will not work well and all the dough will end up in the middle.
Can you store leftover churros?
Churros can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days; however, they are best served fresh.
If you want to warm them back up, place them in the air fryer at 350*F for 2-3 minutes.
What is the benefit of making churros in the air fryer?
Churros are traditionally fried in oil, but with air fryer churros no oil is necessary. That same texture will be similar to being fried without the extra oil.
What should you serve these with?
After coating the churros in cinnamon sugar, these are normally going to be served with hot fudge or chocolate sauce. We used our chocolate sauce to serve these with.
If you enjoy this recipe then you will also love these Air Fried Oreos!
Air Fryer Churros
- 1/3 Cup Salted Butter
- 2 Tbsp Granulated Sugar
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/8 Tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3 Whole Eggs
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbsp Melted Butter
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- In a saucepan, add the butter, granulated sugar, water, and salt.
- Bring to a boil on medium-high heat, constantly stirring.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium and mix in the flour, using a Danish dough whisk or a wooden spoon.
- Mix until you have a smooth dough. (It's best to use a dough whisk or a wooden spoon that is heatproof.)
- Once it is a dough, remove it from the heat and let it cool for 5-6 minutes.
- Place the dough in a large mixing bowl and add 1 egg at at time, mixing well in between each. This is best done with a handheld mixer.
- Add in the vanilla extract.
- Place the dough in a piping back with a large star tip such as a Wilton 1M tip.
- Refrigerate the dough for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- When ready to make, preheat the air fryer at 360*F for 5 minutes.
- Carefully pipe the dough into 4-inch long tubes directly into the air fryer basket. One you are done piping them, use scissors to cut off the dough.
- Air Fry at 360*F for 8-9 minutes. If you use a different size piping tip then the times may be altered.
- Take them carefully out of the basket.
- Brush the melted butter onto each churro then roll them in cinnamon and sugar.
- Place on a cooling rack to completely cool off and serve.