Make a very frugal, simple meal with these Air Fryer Chicken Leg Recipes, easy to make in the Ninja Foodi too!
One of my go-to meals for a quick dinner night is Air Fryer Chicken Legs or Air Fryer Drumsticks, not only do they make a frugal meal but also a tasty one too!
There are so many different varieties and ways to make Air Fryer Chicken Legs, I thought I’d compile a nice list of recipes to choose from.
The key to most of these recipes is seasoning and which seasoning do you prefer to use, there are a bunch of options to choose from.
How long does it take to cook chicken legs or drumsticks in the Air Fryer?
Generally speaking, it normally takes about 20 minutes to fully cook chicken legs in the air fryer at 390*F.
The key is to be sure that the internal temperature reaches at least 165*F before serving. This can be tested with a quick read thermometer.
Tips for Making Chicken Legs in the Air Fryer:
Chicken legs do need to be placed evenly in the basket of the air fryer, do not stack them or they will not evenly cook.
If you are cooking these in a Ninja Foodi, you can place vegetables on the bottom of the pot of the Ninja Foodi, then place the wire rack right on top of the vegetables and the chicken legs can go on the wire rack. This is an easy way to make a one-pot dinner.
The seasonings can make the biggest difference when making air fryer chicken legs. For instance, one of the recipes in this list is chicken legs using Everything Bagel Seasoning, it brings an entirely different flavor to the chicken than simply adding salt and pepper.
Now it’s time to get to this great list, be sure to try a few and see which ones your family loves!
Enjoy these Air Fryer Chicken Leg Recipes!
Air Fryer Chicken Leg Recipes
- Everything Bagel Seasoning
- 6 Chicken Drumsticks or More
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray Optional
- Spray the air fryer basket with olive oil cooking spray.
- Place the chicken drumsticks in the basket and top evenly with Everything Bagel Seasoning.
- Air Fry at 390*F for 25 minutes or until the internal temperature is at least 165*F.
- It’s best to check these at 20 minutes since all air fryers heat differently.
- If you have additional drumsticks, repeat the process.