Enjoy these delicious Air Fryer Seasoned Chicken Drumsticks for dinner tonight!
Sometimes we all need a very easy dinner night, right? That’s how I felt when I made these Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks.
I was in a rush and simply needed to make something quick.
We had leftover side dishes from the night before so I decided these chicken drumsticks would do the trick.
The best part is that when they are made in the air fryer, that crispy taste is just even better!
How should you prepare chicken drumsticks for the air fryer?
I highly suggest doing a marinade for the chicken. I marinated our chicken for just about 30 minutes before seasoning it for the air fryer.
Any all-purpose marinade will work; however, I prefer to use Head Country Marinade.
I coat the chicken with the marinade and after 15 minutes I rotate the chicken and coat the other side.
Right before placing the chicken in the air fryer, I use Head Country Original Seasoning to lightly season the chicken.
The flavor is fabulous, it honestly tastes like a rotisserie-style chicken once it comes out of the air fryer, maybe even better! This same method could be used on a whole fryer chicken too.
That means it takes me about 30 minutes to prepare the chicken and another 20 minutes to cook it.
Tips for Making Air Fryer Seasoned Chicken Drumsticks:
If you prefer to avoid the cleanup, add a sheet of foil to the air fryer. Be sure to roll it up on the sides so air is still able to circulate.
It’s also a good idea to spray the chicken with a coat of olive oil spray so that it prevents the chicken from drying out. This really helps keep the skin nice and juicy.
We were able to fit about 6 chicken drumsticks in our basket; however, that will vary depending on the size of your air fryer.
I did this in the Ninja Foodi, 6 worked well in it.
How long do you cook chicken drumsticks in the air fryer?
We cook ours for 20 minutes at 390 degrees without pre-heating. If you do preheat it may be closer to 15 minutes. It’s best to rotate the chicken halfway through the cooking time.
I also highly recommend using a meat thermometer. The chicken should have an internal temperature of at least 165 degrees to be well done.
Be sure to also check out these Air Fryer Glazed Chicken Thighs!
Now, are you ready for some tasty drumsticks for dinner?
Air Fryer Seasoned Chicken Drumsticks
- 6 Chicken Drumsticks
- 1/4 Cup Head Country All-Purpose Marinade
- 1 Tsp Head Country Original Seasoning
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- Place the drumsticks in a pan and add a coat of the marinade to them.
- Let sit for 15 minutes and rotate the drumsticks to coat the other side.
- Add seasoning to the drumsticks before placing them in the air fryer.
- Spray the air fryer basket or foil with olive oil cooking spray.
- Place the drumsticks in the air fryer.
- Cook for 10 minutes at 390 degrees.
- Rotate the drumsticks and add an additional coat of olive oil spray.
- Cook for an additional 10 minutes at 390 degrees or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.