Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks with Vegetables
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Make an all-in-one meal with these Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks with Vegetables. They are lightly seasoned with rosemary and perfectly crispy and delicious.
One of my absolute favorite frugal meals is this Sheet Pan Rosemary Chicken, it’s so quick and easy to make, perfect for a weeknight.
Of course, I had to adapt it to make it into these Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks with Vegetables, this is also easy to make in the Ninja Foodi too!
If you made this in a traditional air fryer, then you’d likely have the chicken and vegetables all in the basket together. So this is all made in one dish, if you do this in the Ninja Foodi, you can use the wire rack and put the vegetables on the bottom and the chicken on top.
How do you make Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks with Vegetables?
The first thing to do is to cut the sweet potatoes and get the beans ready. We like to use a frozen bag of green beans for this, I actually prefer the ones from Aldi the best but any will do.
Once you have the sweet potatoes sliced, spray the basket of your air fryer with olive oil cooking spray.
Then, you will add both the potatoes and green beans to the basket and place the drumsticks right inside the basket as well. It will all be made right together.
At this point, I spray them again with olive oil cooking spray and add garlic salt to them too along with rosemary.
How long do you cook the chicken drumsticks in the Air Fryer?
Cook the chicken and vegetables on 390*F for 25 minutes. The chicken needs to reach an internal temperature of at least 165 degrees.
I use a quick read thermometer to check the internal temperature.
I have noticed that sometimes the machines heat differently if it isn’t to that point after 25 minutes add an additional 5 minutes.
Once the chicken is done remove it and stir up the vegetables, these will be crispy similar to being roasted. If needed, you can stir up the vegetables, spray with olive oil spray and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
If you prefer to use the pressure cooker method, you can make these Air Fryer Teriyaki Chicken Drumsticks too!
- 6 Chicken Drumsticks
- 2 Large Sweet Potatoes, Halved & Sliced
- 12 oz Frozen Green Beans
- 1/2 Tbsp Rosemary
- 1/4 Tsp Garlic Salt
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- Turn the Air Fryer on to 390*F for 5 minutes while you slice the sweet potatoes just to get it preheated a bit.
- Once the potatoes are sliced, spray the basket with olive oil cooking spray, remember it may be hot.
- Add the potatoes and beans to the basket.
- Place the chicken drumsticks right on top of the potatoes and beans.
- Add a coat of olive oil spray to the ingredients in the basket.
- Then, add a dash of rosemary, garlic salt, salt and pepper.
- Cook in the air fryer for 20-25 minutes at 390*F or until the chicken is cooked all the way to at least an internal temperature of 165 degrees. I suggest checking on it around 20 minutes and then continue cooking if needed. Ours take 25 minutes.
- Once the chicken is cooked to your preference, remove and then stir up the vegetables.
- If the vegetables are done to your liking, remove.
- If they still need additional time, stir them up and add an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Remember all machines heat differently, so I recommend checking on this at 20 minutes and then adding time as needed. I used the Ninja Foodi Air Fryer for this and it took 25 minutes + an additional 5 minutes for the vegetables.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 395Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 173mgSodium: 412mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 6gSugar: 9gProtein: 36g