Get ready for a quick, easy dinner with Gluten-Free Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan!
Do you ever have moments where you really do feel like as a parent…you should get a gold star?
That’s how I felt when I made this Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan like I was on top of the world. That really doesn’t happen that often because I have super picky eaters.
Typically, one of my kids will LOVE dinner one night and the other one will hate it and beg for peanut butter and jelly. The next day it will be the opposite kid that loves and hates dinner. It’s a never-ending cycle.
My son truly does not like vegetables of any kind. He will eat corn when he absolutely has to, but he would prefer not to.
My daughter, on the other hand, loves GREEN vegetables. I have no idea why this is? She’ll eat okra, asparagus, salad, broccoli, and anything else that’s green all day long. My son would rather starve than eat that. I really don’t know why either, he used to not be that way.
This particular air fryer chicken recipe though, no one complained. They ate every bite and that included the spaghetti squash that I used instead of pasta.
Where is my gold star?
How do you make Gluten-Free Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan?
Gluten-Free Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan is very easy to make. A few things to remember though is that you will want to use a thin cut boneless, skinless chicken breast or simply flatten out the chicken breast that you are using. This way it’s not too thick.
I made this air fryer chicken recipe using the Ninja Foodi Air Crisper, and I was only able to fit 2 chicken breast in it at a time. Remember that if you are making this for a crowd. I did it in batches, 2 at a time and finished with 4 chicken breast.
What should you serve with Gluten-Free Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan?
We serve this with spaghetti squash. It’s very easy to make Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker Spaghetti Squash.
If you are using a Ninja Foodi to make this recipe, I did the spaghetti squash first before cooking the chicken using the pressure cooker setting. I set that aside while cooking the chicken and simply heated it up before serving.
What type of Marinara Sauce should you use?
I’ll admit that in regards to marinara sauce, I typically go with a jarred marinara sauce. I like to stick to a traditional flavor when making this air fryer chicken recipe.
If you do prefer to make your own marinara sauce, this Easy Marinara Sauce is a great choice for this recipe.
What do you need for Gluten-Free Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan?
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
- Gluten-Free Bread Crumbs (or Regular Bread Crumbs)
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Garlic Powder
- Garlic Salt
- Marinara Sauce
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray
More Air Fryer Chicken Recipes
Gluten-Free Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast (Thinly Sliced)
- 3/4 Cup Gluten-Free Plain Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 Tsp Dried Rosemary
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Garlic Salt
- 1 Tsp Dried Parsley
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Cups Marinara Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Dried Parsley to Garnish
- Cooked Spaghetti Squash
- Begin by flattening the chicken if it is not already flattened.
- In a shallow bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, and seasonings.
- In another shallow bowl, add in the eggs and whisk together well.
- Spray the basket of the air fryer with olive oil spray.
- Dip each chicken breast in the egg mixture, shaking off any excess and then into the bread crumb mixture.
- Shake off the excess.
- Place the chicken breast in the air fryer basket.
- Spray evenly with olive oil spray.
- Cook in the air fryer at 390 degrees for 7 minutes.
- Carefully flip the chicken and spray with olive oil spray.
- Cook for an additional 7 minutes. While this is cooking, be sure the spaghetti squash is cooked and warm up the marinara sauce.
- Be sure the chicken is at least 165 degrees to be fully cooked.
- Serve the chicken over a portion of spaghetti squash.
- Top the chicken with warm marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.