Make an easy meal with these Air Fryer Chicken Thighs that are soaked in a simple marinade!
If you enjoyed these Air Fryer Glazed Chicken Thighs, it’s time to make them again with a different marinade!
This recipe uses lemon garlic marinade to coat the chicken.
How long do you cook Air Fryer Chicken Thighs?
The majority of the time it will need to be cooked at 390*F for about 15-20 minutes depending on the thickness and the machine.
It is always best to have a meat thermometer on hand to be sure that the internal temperature reaches at least 165*F before serving.
It’s important to note that ALL machines heat differently when it comes to Air Fryers and Ninja Foodi Machines, even ones that are the same exact machine.
If this is your first time making these, be sure to watch them closely to be sure they do not overcook. This is also why the best thing you can do is purchase a meat thermometer.
Tips for Making Air Fryer Chicken Thighs:
It is best to use defrosted chicken thighs; however, you can use frozen chicken thighs, but if you do then you will not really be able to marinade or season them.
For this particular recipe, I am showing you how to marinate the chicken and then cook it in the air fryer.
That means that you do need to account for additional time for marinating the chicken. These can be prepped ahead of time and then cook when you get home from work or ready for dinner. This is generally how we prepare these.
If you are using a Ninja Foodi, this method would be done using the Air Crisp function. All other instructions would be followed just the same.
We typically serve these over salad or with an Air Fryer Baked Potato.
Enjoy this easy dinner!
Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 3 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Oregano or 2 Tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Parsley or 4 Tsp Dried Parsley
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Basil or 4 Tsp Dried Basil
- 3 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Paprika
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
- 6 Skinless and Boneless Chicken Thighs or Breast About 6oz Each
- Add all marinade ingredients to a medium bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add the chicken to a large resealable bag like a Ziploc bag.
- Pour the marinade evenly over the chicken and seal the bag.
- Lay the bag flat in the fridge or in a pan and then in the fridge to chill for up to 4 hours.
- Remove from the fridge and let sit for 20 minutes at room temperature.
- Once ready to cook, coat the air fryer basket with grapeseed oil spray.
- Place evenly in the air fryer basket and cook at 390*F for 15-20 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches at least 165*F. It is best to rotate the chicken about halfway through the cooking time.
- Carefully remove and serve.