Make the perfect air-fried snack with these Air Fryer Zucchini Fries that are also easy to make gluten-free.
Air Fryer Zucchini Fries are a great go-to snack and are simple to make too. These can be made in minutes, serve them up with your favorite dipping sauce or as is!
If you want to make air-fried breaded zucchini chips, check out this Air Fryer Zucchini and Yellow Squash.
How do you make Gluten-Free Air Fryer Zucchini Fries?
The only swap you need to make these gluten-free is a gluten-free all-purpose flour such as Better Batter. Any 1:1 flour of your choice will work just fine for this recipe.
All the other ingredients are naturally gluten-free, but as always check all the ingredients.
Tips for Making Air Fryer Zucchini Fries:
The first thing you need to do is wash and slice the zucchini. I find this works the best to slice the zucchini lengthwise in half, then slice small strips to make ‘fries’.
Once you have these cut, you have to dip them into the flour, then the egg, and then the breadcrumb and cheese mixture. It must be coated in the egg or the breadcrumb mixture will not stick.
I did these in 2 batches to fit in our air fryer. It’s best to cook them at 390*F for 5 minutes, then add time if needed. These will typically take 5-10 minutes, but as always all air fryers heat differently.
If your air fryer preheats before such as the Ninja Foodi Grill, then they will likely take closer to 5 minutes since the air fryer is already warm.
Another tip is to have some Olive Oil Cooking Spray or Grapeseed Cooking Spray Oil on hand and coat the zucchini with it when you put it in the air fryer. If it looks floury at all when you check on it, just give it another coat of spray, it will help it get nice and crispy.
It’s also best to add the salt at the end to taste, we do not like a lot of salt added but you can add per your taste preference.
Now, are you ready for this great treat? These are perfect served with your favorite dipping sauce or as is.
Enjoy these Air Fryer Zucchini Fries!
Air Fryer Zucchini Fries
- 2 Medium-Sized Zucchini
- 1 1/2 Cups Gluten-Free or Regular All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Eggs Beaten
- 2 Cups Gluten-Free Breadcrumbs or Regular Breadcrumbs Panko
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Begin by washing the zucchini and slicing them. First cut the zucchini in half, then cut in small 'fries', see photos above for details.
- Prepare a bowl for the flour.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs.
- Finally, in a 3rd bowl, combine the breadcrumbs and cheese along with about 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Dip each zucchini in the flour, shake off the excess.
- Coat with egg.
- Coat with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Place in a greased air fryer basket. This can be coated with olive oil spray or grapeseed spray.
- Once they are all in the air fryer, coat them with the oil of your choice this helps them brown in color.
- Cook at 390*F for 8 minutes, check on these after 5 minutes to be sure they are browning nicely and do not overcook.
- The heat that is put off by an air fryer varies widely, so the timing will be between 5-10 minutes.
- Repeat these steps for any additional batches.
- Add salt to your taste preference.
- Serve as is or with dipping sauce.