Make these delicious Air Fryer Twice Baked Potatoes, perfect appetizer or side dish!
This recipe starts out with baked potatoes, which I do believe are best made in the air fryer. Once they are cooked, you would move right along with the remainder of the recipe.
These potatoes are full of creamy and delicious ingredients.
Tips for Making Air Fryer Twice Baked Potatoes:
As mentioned above, first you will need to bake the potatoes before moving forward with the second round of baking.
In most air fryers, 2 baked potatoes will fit the best because these will be cut in halves. So you will end up with 2 whole potatoes or 4 halves in your air fryer.
The cooking time will always vary due to the amount of heat your air fryer puts off, so be sure to watch this closely.
While the potatoes are cooling, it’s best to go ahead and prepare the filling. Be sure to use a spoon or scoop to scoop the potato out of the skin. Leave a nice thin layer so that you do not damage the potato skin.
These will be done very similar to Air Fryer Potato Skins, but unlike the Air Fryer Potato Skins, we will be putting all the potato right back into the skin.
Combining the ingredients for the filling does work best with a handheld mixer. This will help you avoid over mixing.
Once these are complete, they can be served with additional sour cream or green onions if preferred. If you need a tasty side dish for 2, this is certainly the recipe to make.
They are also very tasty paired with a nice salad.
Enjoy this delicious recipe!
Air Fryer Twice Baked Potatoes
- 2 Russet Potatoes
- Grapeseed Oil Spray
- Table Salt
- 1/3 Cup Sour Cream
- 3 Tbsp Salted Butter Softened and Room Temp
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Dried Parsley
- 1/2 Cup Cooked & Chopped Bacon
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese Divided (See Note)
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Red Onion See Note
- Start with baked potatoes, using this Air Fryer Baked Potato recipe. using 2 potatoes. If you are following this particular recipe, you would cook them in the Air Fryer at 390*F for 40 Minutes.
- Once the potatoes are already baked in the Air Fryer, proceed to the following steps.
- Once the baked potatoes are finished cooking in the Air Fryer, place them on a cooling rack for 15-20 minutes to cool before touching them.
- Cut the potato in half lengthwise to make 4 halves.
- With a spoon, scoop the potatoes out, leaving a thin layer of skin intact, and place the filling in a bowl.
- Repeat these steps with the additional potato.
- In the bowl, mix in the butter, sour cream, garlic powder, and parsley.
- Mix this up until you have a nice soft, thick mixture. If you want them softer, you can add 1 Tbsp of cream or milk. (This works the best with a hand mixer.)
- Once your mixture is nicely pureed, add in the chopped onions, bacon, and 3/4 cup shredded cheese.
- With a spoon, fill the empty potato skins with the potato mixture.
- Put back into the air fryer basket and cook for an additional 8 minutes at 350*F using the Air Fryer setting. They will be fully cooked once they are a nice golden color.
- Serve with an additional 1/4 cup of shredded cheese and cook for an additional 3 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Serve with sour cream or green onions if you prefer.