Enjoy a delicious steak with these Air Fryer Garlic Butter Steaks!
Making steaks in the air fryer is so easy, this air fryer steak recipe will be a hit with your family. As the weather changes, we tend to make more steaks indoors rather than outdoors. The first few months of summer are perfect eating outside here in Oklahoma.
Then, around July and August it’s SO HOT and goodness…how many flies need to arrive this year? It just seems so much easier to use the air fryer and it’s the perfect option.
How long does it take to cook a steak in the air fryer?
Cooking steak in the air fryer is very simple, it can take up to about 20 minutes to cook depending on your desired doneness. The other factor is that all air fryers tend to heat differently too.
We cook these on one side for 10 minutes, then I will flip them and cook on the other side for about 10 minutes. We like them well done, so if you prefer some pink, start with 15 minutes total and then go up from there if needed.
What cut of meat should you use for Air Fryer Steaks?
Ribeyes have more fat to them, which really gives them a juicer flavor. I happened to have sirloins on hand so I used them for this recipe, they were very tasty but still if I were to choose, I’d choose ribeyes.
Now are you ready for a great steak? Time for these Air Fryer Garlic Butter Steaks!
- 2 6oz Sirloin Steaks or Ribeyes
- 2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1/2 Tsp Dried Parlsey
- 1/2 Tsp Dried Rosemary
- Salt & Pepper
- Aluminum Foil
- Add the salt and pepper to the steaks and let them sit and rest for about 2 hours before cooking. (They should be defrosted.)
- While these are resting, add the butter to a bowl.
- Crush the garlic over the butter, then add the parsley and rosemary.
- Let this sit and rest so the butter can soften.
- Once the butter is soft, whip together with a fork or spoon to combine.
- Once ready to cook, place each steak in the air fryer basket.
- Cook at 400*F for 10 minutes.
- Carefully rotate the steaks and cook for 5-10 minutes on the opposite side until your desired doneness.
- Once done, place 2 sheets of foil out and place a steak in each one.
- Add half the butter on top of each steak and seal up the foil to 'tent' the steaks.
- Let this rest for 5 minutes.
- Once done, carefully open and move the butter around to complete melting if needed.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 519Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 187mgSodium: 245mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 46g