Make the BEST Air Fryer Sausage Balls in minutes, plus easy to make gluten-free too!
Sausage Balls make for a great appetizer, breakfast food, or main meal, the choice is yours! These are also easy to make gluten-free with a simple swap.
What sausage should you use for Air Fryer Sausage Balls?
These sausage balls need to be made with a mild, medium, or hot breakfast sausage. Be sure to use a breakfast sausage as this will already have seasonings in it.
If you use a plain sausage then there will not be additional seasoning, you would need to add it.
How do you make these gluten-free?
This recipe uses Bisquick or a baking mix. This can be store-bought in either gluten-free or regular. If you need this made gluten-free, purchase the gluten-free Bisquick.
If you want to make your own, this recipe for Homemade Bisquick is very simple to make with pantry ingredients.
Tips for Making Air Fryer Sausage Balls:
These sausage balls use simple ingredients that you will likely have on hand. They are ready to eat in about 10 minutes, but it is imperative to be sure they are cooked to the right temperature.
It’s best to use a quick read thermometer to be sure the internal temperature reaches at least 165*F to be considered well done.
Can you make these as Ninja Foodi Sausage Balls?
These sausage balls can be made in the Ninja Foodi too easily, as you can see I used a Ninja Foodi to make them.
Use the Air Crisp function of your Ninja Foodi and follow the recipe the same way as you would with a traditional Air Fryer.
What should you serve Air Fryer Sausage Balls with?
This is going to depend on when you plan to serve them. If it’s an appetizer, then they are best served with a variety of dipping sauces or even gravy.
If you are making these for dinner, you could still do it breakfast for dinner style or pair them with Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes too.
Are you ready for a fabulous go-to for breakfast or dinner? Time to eat!
Air Fryer Sausage Balls
- 1 Pound Breakfast Sausage
- 2 Cups Gluten-Free or Regular Bisquick Pancake and Baking Mix
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 1 1/2 CUp Mild Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Mix the breakfast sausage, Bisquick mix, garlic powder, milk and cheese in a large mixing bowl.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop the dough into balls. Roll them in the palm of your hand and place on a plate.
- Line the air fryer basket or spray with grapeseed oil spray, then place them with enough space to cook evenly. (Using a Ninja Foodi Air Fryer, about 7 at a time can be cooked.)
- Cook using the Air Fryer or Air Crisp function at 360*F for 8-10 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches at least 165*F.
- Carefully remove and place on a cooling rack and repeat for additional batches.