Make the best Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Fried Chicken, that’s also easy to make gluten-free without oil right in the air fryer.
One of the best things to make in your air fryer is Air Fried Chicken, is absolutely perfect and you will not miss that deep-fried chicken one bit.
This Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Fried Chicken is the tastiest recipe lightly seasoned with lemon pepper to give it a wonderful flavor.
What cut of chicken should you use for Air Fried Chicken?
Chicken thighs are the BEST choice for air fried chicken. We prefer to use boneless, skinless chicken thighs. They have more juice and fat than chicken breasts, making them less likely to dry out during the cooking time.
These can be made with bone-in chicken thighs as well or even with skin, we just perfect boneless, skinless.
What do you do if you do not have lemon pepper?
This recipe can be made without lemon pepper and just done as regular air fried chicken with salt and pepper. If you want lemon pepper though, you can use a few pantry ingredients and the zest of 1 lemon.
If you prefer to make your own seasoning, check out this Lemon Pepper Seasoning.
It’s best to add all the flour and seasonings to a sealed Ziploc bag and then add the chicken into the bag and shake it to coat.
Tips for making Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Fried Chicken:
This recipe is not deep fried but you will need some oil to get that crispy outer layer to the chicken, so keep olive oil cooking spray or coconut oil on hand to spray the chicken with.
It’s best to cook this for 10 minutes and then rotate the chicken thighs, spray it with oil and cook for an additional 10 minutes. The chicken needs to have an internal temperature of at least 165 degrees to be fully cooked.
How do you make Gluten-Free Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Fried Chicken?
Now let’s make this amazing air fried chicken.
Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Fried Chicken
- 6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1/2 Cup All-Purpose Flour or Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Tbsp Lemon Pepper
- 1 Tsp Salt
- Lemon to Garnish
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- In a Ziploc bag, add the flour, lemon pepper, and salt.
- Place the chicken in the bag, seal it and shake to coat the chicken. Let's think 'shake and air fryer'.
- Once it's fully coated, spray the basket of the air fryer with olive oil cooking spray.
- Shake off the chicken, being sure it's nicely coated and place in the air fryer.
- Coat with olive oil cooking spray.
- Cook at 390 degrees for 20 minutes, after 10 minutes rotate the chicken thighs and spray with olive oil cooking spray.
- The chicken must be at least 165 degrees to be fully cooked.