Make this easy Air Fryer Chicken and Broccoli in 25 minutes, it’s gluten-free and low-carb too! It can be served over cauliflower rice too. Get started with this Air Fryer Broccoli Chicken Recipe.
Make this delicious easy recipe with Air Fryer Broccoli Chicken Recipe. This recipe simply combines chicken thighs with broccoli florets along with lemon pepper for a quick, low-carb meal that can be topped over cauliflower rice or regular rice.
Tips for Making Air Fryer Broccoli Chicken:
The chicken in this recipe will be boneless, skinless chicken thighs cut into chunks. The chicken will then be placed in a greased air fryer basket.
It’s best to spray the basket with grapeseed oil spray before placing it in the basket. Leave a little bit of room on all the sides so the hot circulating air can evenly cook the chicken.
The internal temperature should be checked with a meat thermometer. It needs to be at least 165 degrees F to be considered done.
When cooking chicken in the air fryer, all air fryers tend to heat differently. It’s best to cook this chicken for 15-20 minutes, check on the chicken around the 10-minute mark during cooking time, and be sure to use your meat thermometer to check the internal temperature.
The chicken will be combined with broccoli florets, either fresh broccoli or frozen broccoli can be used.
Once the broccoli and chicken are in the air fryer basket add some lemon pepper to give it flavor.
This recipe uses simple ingredients for a simple recipe! This recipe uses much less oil than a traditional recipe.
If you prefer, you can always add in additional seasonings too such as garlic powder, onion powder, salt, or black pepper.
What type of oil should you use for Air Fryer Broccoli Chicken?
Grapeseed Oil Spray is the best choice of oil for the air fryer as it has a high smoke point. Olive Oil Spray does work but it does not have a high smoke point in comparison with Grapeseed.
Some form of oil will always be needed when using the air fryer. It will not be heavy amounts of oil but an oil spray is the best option.
How do you store the leftovers?
The cooked chicken can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. When ready to reheat, place on a microwave-safe dish and heat for 2-3 minutes or until warm.
This is a great meal prep option too. Make enough to last you through the week and it is easy to be a complete meal with rice too.
This is an easy chicken dinner recipe that uses smaller pieces of chicken combined with light seasoning and broccoli making it a delicious meal and low carb too!
If you enjoy this recipe you will also love this Air Fryer Stuffed Chicken Breast too!
Air Fryer Broccoli Chicken
- 2 Lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 12 oz Package of Broccoli Florets Fresh or Frozen
- Lemon Pepper
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- Cooked Cauliflower Rice or White Rice Optional
- Start by slicing the chicken into chunks.
- Spray the air fryer basket with olive oil spray, then add the chicken to the basket along with the broccoli.
- Evenly coat with Lemon Pepper about 1-2 Tsp.
- Spray with a coat of olive oil spray.
- Cook in the air fryer at 390°F for 15-20 minutes. Around the 10 minute mark, open the lid, stir the ingredients and coat with another coat of olive oil cooking spray and then continue cooking.
- Be sure to use a meat thermometer throughout the cooking time. The internal temperature needs to be at least 165°F to be considered done.
- Serve over cooked cauliflower rice or white rice.