Make this delicious Air Fryer Stuffed Chicken Breast in minutes, full of broccoli and cheese right in the Air Fryer or Ninja Foodi!
I’ve always been more fond of cooking chicken thighs; however, I have found that making these Air Fryer Chicken Breast is ranking high on the dinner list around here.
My husband and kids have really enjoyed these Air Fryer Stuffed Chicken Breast, so I thought I’d share them with each of you as well.
These chicken breasts are stuffed with sharp cheddar cheese and chopped broccoli with a little bit of seasoning. That’s literally all you need to make these!
First things first, if you are looking for how to cook chicken breast in the air fryer that comes from the frozen foods aisle, be sure to check out these Air Fryer Broccoli & Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast.
For this recipe today, we will focus on fresh chicken breast or defrosted frozen chicken breast.
What seasoning should you use?
The seasoning that we use on these chicken breasts is Mrs. Dash Original seasoning, with no salt added. I’ve left my Amazon link there for you to check out.
These seasonings are my favorite, I love the variety that is available, plus a lot of flavor without the extra salt.
Remember though that you can use any of your favorite seasonings. This is just to add some extra flavor to the chicken.
Tips for Making Air Fryer Stuffed Chicken Breast:
This particular recipe is done with only broccoli and shredded sharp cheddar cheese. Then, I add in a little bit of the seasoning.
It’s best to use cooked or steamed broccoli. I prefer to buy the steamable broccoli in the bag that you can steam in the microwave and then chop.
One thing to note is that it’s best to chop the broccoli in a food processor, this will allow it to be finely chopped.
Once that is done, set that aside as that will be the stuffing for this chicken.
The chicken needs to be cut with a little pocket on it, it’s basically exactly like if you were cutting a pocket in clothing. Keep that in mind when you are slicing the chicken.
This process shot of the chicken will show you exactly how you slice it to stuff. Once it’s sliced, then you will add the stuffing right inside.
Place the chicken in the air fryer. I do find it’s best to spray the basket with Grapeseed Cooking Oil Spray. Once you have the chicken in the basket, I top it with additional spray and seasoning.
This will then be cooked in the Air Fryer until it reaches an internal temperature of at least 165*F.
Remember that the cooking time will vary so I always recommend having a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature. The chicken will typically be cooked within 15-18 minutes, watch it closely.
If you prefer, you can add some additional cheese right on top of the chicken as soon as it comes out of the Air Fryer, this way it will melt before serving.
Now, are you ready for a great meal? Time to make this Air Fryer Stuffed Chicken Breast!
- 4-6 Medium-Sized Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
- 2 Cups Steamed Broccoli, Chopped
- 1 Cup Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Tbsp Mrs Dash or Salt-Free Seasoning of Choice, Divided
- Cooking Oil Spray of Choice (Grapeseed)
- Begin by steaming the broccoli and chopping it up in a food processor.
- Add the broccoli to a bowl with the cheese and 1 Tbsp of seasoning.
- Mix this up well.
- Lay the chicken breast flat, then carefully slice a small pocket in the chicken breast, see the images, and then stuff it with the broccoli filling.
- Coat the air fryer basket with grapeseed oil spray and place the stuffed chicken breast evenly in the basket.
- Add additional seasoning and a coat of grapeseed oil spray to the top of the chicken breast.
- Air Fry at 390*F for 15-18 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches at least 165*F.
- Carefully remove and serve.
- Additional cheddar cheese can be added on top as well just before serving.
The cook time will vary based on the level of heat your air fryer puts off. Additional cheese can be added if you prefer to serve. The seasoning we use is salt-free Mrs. Dash seasoning, but any of your preferences will due.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 398Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 139mgSodium: 354mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 48g