A great kid-friendly, go-to dinner or lunch can be made with these Air Fryer Cheeseburger Pockets!
One of our all-time favorite lunch items is these Cheeseburger Pockets. The great thing is they can be made even easier with this Air Fryer method and just about 20 minutes of time!
We actually started making these more than a decade ago for our kids, now though I can make them in minutes with the air fryer, which of course is my go-to lately!
What do you need for Air Fryer Cheeseburger Pockets?
- Pillsbury Grands Biscuits (8-Count)
- 1 Lb Ground Beef, Cooked & Drained
- Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
That’s it, just those 3 basic ingredients and then of course you can add your favorite burger condiments to serve it with too. These are great served with some Air Fryer French Fries.
Tips for Making Air Fryer Cheeseburger Pockets:
The only thing you really have to cook ahead for this recipe is the ground beef. One thing that we like to do is batch cook ground beef, so we cook up a lot of ground beef and then we freeze it in the freeze in 1 pound bags.
That means that when I have a meal like these Air Fryer Cheeseburger Pockets, I can just defrost the ground beef to a minute or two and then add it right on to the biscuits to make this recipe.
I love to keep some prepared ground beef ready for meals like this or soup recipes especially as we head into the winter.
Another tip for these Cheeseburger Pockets is that you will use 2 biscuits for 1 pocket. That means a can of 8 biscuits, will make 4 Cheeseburger Pockets. I like to use the larger biscuits such as the Pillsbury Grands biscuits.
They will need to be made with the biscuit dough, not the frozen biscuits.
Keep in mind that 1 of these pockets is about the size of a regular hamburger, so for us 1 per person is plenty.
Should you flip over the biscuits during cook time?
I have found that it’s best to flip over the pockets or biscuits about 4-5 minutes into the cooking time. This way the inside is fully cooked on both sides.
Remember too that all air fryers tend to heat differently, so these will take 8-10 minutes total to cook depending on your air fryer.
Now let’s get ready to enjoy these Air Fryer Cheeseburger Pockets!
Air Fryer Cheeseburger Pockets
- 1 Can of Pillsbury Grands Biscuits 8 Count
- 1 Lb Ground Beef Cooked & Drained
- Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Take the biscuits from the can and flatten the biscuit (dough) with your hand or a roller to make them thin.
- Add a portion of ground beef on top of 4 of the flattened biscuit and then top evenly with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Use another biscuit without the toppings and place it on top of the beef and cheese covered biscuit. Pull the dough to fully fit and form into a pocket.
- Use a fork to seal the sides by pushing it down around the edge.
- Place each pocket in a greased air fryer basket, as many as will fit. Mine normally fits 2.
- Once in the air fryer, coat with olive oil cooking spray if desired and then air fry at 360* for 4-5 minutes.
- Once the timer goes off, carefully turn over the pockets.
- Air Fry an additional 4-5 minutes at 360*F. Check on these around 3-4 minutes since all air fryers heat differently.
- They will get nice and browned when done.