Make a delicious, juicy, and tender Air Fryer Beef Roast in just about an hour!
This Air Fryer Beef Roast will soon be a favorite in your household, it’s very easy to make and tender. It comes out with a nice seared outside layer and then it is nice and tender inside.
Making a roast in the Air Fryer does take some time and steps; however, if you may have forgotten to put the crockpot on in the morning, this is a great alternative method to use.
We paired this roast with Air Fryer Roasted Carrots and Potatoes.
Tips for Making Air Fryer Beef Roast:
This method does take some steps and patience, but it’s also very easy. The first thing you will want to do is preheat the air fryer for about 5 minutes, then place the roast in the air fryer to sear the outside.
It’s best to spray the air fryer with a cooking oil spray. I typically use olive oil cooking spray without an issue; however, if you prefer a higher smoke point, use an oil such as grapeseed oil.
The roast does need to be cooked from a thawed state. Be sure to let it thaw out before cooking.
It’s also best to season it, we use Weber Steak Seasoning on the roast and it was wonderful.
Remember to follow the recipe card completely, as the gravy packet is not made per the instructions on it. If you need to make it gluten-free, be sure to use a gluten-free brown gravy packet.
Once the roast is fully cooked, you’ll have drippings in the foil that can be used for gravy.
Can you put aluminum foil in the air fryer?
This works the best with a sheet of aluminum foil under it, this is what catches the gravy and liquid that is poured over the roast.
Foil can be used in the air fryer, but it needs to be rolled up on the sides so that air can fully circulate.
Now, are you ready for this Air Fryer Beef Roast? Time to eat up!
- 3 Lb Beef Chuck Roast
- 1 Tsp Steak Seasoning
- 1 Package Gluten-Free or Regular Brown Gravy Mix
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 4 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- Parsley or Rosemary to Garnish
- Begin by preheating the air fryer to 390*F for about 5 minutes.
- While this is preheating, season the roast evenly with steak seasoning.
- Combine the gravy with 1/2 cup water and set aside.
- Once the preheating time is up, carefully spray the air fryer with cooking oil spray of choice such as grapeseed oil.
- Place the roast in the air fryer and let it cook at 390*F for 15 minutes. This will sear the outside.
- Once the cooking time is up, prepare a sheet of foil to place the roast on.
- Carefully remove the roast from the air fryer and place it on the foil.
- Roll the foil up around the roast and place it back in the air fryer.
- At this point, be sure the foil is up around the sides of the roast to be sure that air will still circulate.
- Carefully pour the brown gravy mixture over the roast, evenly.
- Place the butter on top of the roast.
- Cook at 325*F for 30-40 minutes until the internal temperature reaches at least 145*F.
- Once done, let rest for 5 minutes, slice, and serve.
- Roast can be served with drippings as a gravy.
Remember when making this, all air fryers heat differently so be sure to watch the internal temperature closely. Also, the gravy is not made per the package instructions.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 620Total Fat: 43gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 209mgSodium: 454mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 56g