Make a wonderful, light 10 Minute Air Fryer Shrimp that is gluten-free too. This recipe only uses TWO ingredients!
This post will teach you exactly how to make air fryer shrimp in minutes. One thing that we like to have on hand in the freezer is a bag of shrimp, simply because it is so easy to make on a busy weeknight or for a party.
This recipe will use Jumbo Cooked Shrimp, Tail-On, Peeled & Deveined. This recipe can also be made in the Ninja Foodi using the Air Crisp basket to make Ninja Foodi Air Fryer Shrimp.
How long does it take to cook shrimp in the air fryer?
The length of time it takes to cook will depend if you are using raw or cooked shrimp. For this particular recipe, it will take 10 minutes to cook at 355 degrees. It would take a bit longer for this Air Fryer Shrimp and Vegetables.
Can you use aluminum foil in the air fryer?
Yes, you can use foil or you can also use these parchment paper sheets. The primary reason for doing this is to avoid any mess in your air fryer basket.
For this recipe, I chose to just use the basket as is; however, I typically end up using foil. If you do use foil, be sure to roll it up on the sides so the air can circulate.
Can you make this in the Ninja Foodi?
This recipe can be added to your list of Ninja Foodi Recipes, it’s easy to make in the Ninja Foodi using the Air Crisp function. The remaining instructions would all be the same for this recipe.
What fish fry should you use for shrimp?
The key to the flavor of this recipe is the fish fry. This recipe uses shrimp and fish fry, so it’s important to get one with a lot of flavors. We prefer to use Zatarain’s Fish Fry because it’s gluten-free.
I used the Crispy Southern Fish Fry to make this recipe, it does have a spicy kick to it. The Seasoned Fish Fry is also really good for this recipe too.
There is no heavy oil needed, but I do suggest using Olive Oil Cooking Spray or a spray bottle of olive oil for this recipe. It helps keep the breading moist.
Now, in 10 minutes you’ll have a delicious meal ready to eat!
10 Minute Air Fryer Shrimp (Gluten-Free)
- 1 16 oz Bag of Jumbo Cooked Shrimp Tail-On, Peeled & Deveined
- 1 Cup Zatarain's Fish Fry More if needed
- Olive Oil Spray
- Defrost the shrimp by running it under cold water to remove any ice and lightly defrost it.
- Spray the air fryer basket with olive oil cooking spray.
- Add the fish fry to a bowl and coat each shrimp.
- Place the shrimp in the air fryer basket.
- Coat the shrimp with olive oil cooking spray.
- Cook for 5 minutes at 355 degrees.
- Carefully turn the shrimp and add a coat of olive oil spray.
- Once turned, cook for an additional 5 minutes at 355 degrees.
- Remove the shrimp and coat with olive oil spray lightly to moisten the fish fry.
- Repeat steps if necessary for the remaining shrimp. I was able to do 1/2 the bag and then cooked the rest of the bag in a second batch.