Get ready to make the BEST easy meal with these Air Fryer Quesadillas, ready in 10 minutes or less!
I thought I’d take a few posts to share with you some of the easy go-to meals that we make in the Air Fryer. These Air Fryer Quesadillas are a favorite around here for lunch.
If you enjoy these Air Fryer Crunchwraps, you will definitely love these too. Let’s get started on this tasty recipe.
How do you make quesadillas crispy in the air fryer?
Using a good cooking oil spray is the key to getting these nice and crispy in the air fryer. It’s best to use Grapeseed Cooking Oil Spray as it’s a high-heat spray.
Once you place your tortilla in the air fryer, simply give it a good coat of spray and it will cook up nice and crispy. After it cooks for a bit and you flip the quesadilla, you can then spray the other side as well.
Tips for Making Air Fryer Quesadillas:
These quesadillas are very customizable. As you can see in these pictures, we do a lot of pizza quesadillas with cheese and pepperoni. That’s a kid favorite around our home.
They can also be made much more traditional with taco meat and cheese or your chicken and cheese as well. Then, you can choose any toppings you prefer like a good homemade salsa to dip them in.
A few things to keep in mind, when making these sometimes the air fryer does blow the top tortilla, it’s best to check on them a few minutes into the cooking time and secure the tortilla back on top if needed.
At that point, the cheese will be melting and you can easily adhere that top tortilla back onto the cheese using a spatula or tongs.
If you want to make these gluten-free, we use white corn tortillas frequently to do this. They can also be made with gluten-free flour tortillas from Mission as well.
I find it’s also best to flip the tortillas about halfway through the cooking time, this needs to be done carefully as the basket will be very hot.
Overall, Air Fryer Quesadillas are very easy and versatile to make, choosing your toppings and fillings make for a great quick lunch!
- Corn or Flour Tortillas
- Shredded Fiesta Cheese
- Pepperoni, Cooked Chicken or Beef, Etc.
- Cooking Oil Spray of Choice
- Toppings (Sour Cream, Cilantro, Parsley, Salsa, Etc.)
- Begin by coating the air fryer basket with cooking oil spray of choice such as grapeseed.
- Place one tortilla in the air fryer basket.
- Add the toppings you prefer, such as cheese and pepperoni, or cheese and taco meat.
- Once all filling is on, add the top tortilla.
- Cook at 390*F for 4 minutes, carefully open and flip the quesadilla and continue cooking until crisp about 4 additional minutes, it is okay to add more cooking oil spray if needed.
- At this point, if the top tortilla has slightly moved, carefully put it back on and use a spatula to flatten it back into the melted cheese.
- If needed add additional cooking oil spray.
- Carefully remove and serve.
- Complete these steps again for any amount of quesadillas.
These can be customized and you can make as many as you prefer, so the nutritional information would need to be updated based on the specific amount and ingredients you use.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 235Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 141mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 14g