Make this simple meal with Easy Air Fryer Jerk Chicken!
Jerk Chicken is a dish you will see regularly throughout the Caribbean and especially in Jamaica. It’s known for its Jamaican Jerk Seasoning.
What is the best cut of chicken for Jerk Chicken?
This meal is made best with skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs. It’ll give you that crispy chicken that you are looking for; however, it can be made with boneless, skinless chicken thighs as well.
The instructions would be the same for either one.
What are Jerk Seasonings?
Jerk Seasonings are a combination of a variety of seasonings into one tasty seasoning that is very common in Jamaica.
Jerk Seasonings normally includes a hot pepper seasoning as well, so it gives it spice.
Jerk Seasoning can be store-bought in the spices aisle or you can make it yourself with this Jamaican Jerk Seasoning Recipe.
How do you make Ninja Foodi Jerk Chicken?
This recipe can be made as Ninja Foodi Jerk Chicken or in your Ninja Speedi too.
Any Ninja product that uses the Air Fryer or Air Crisp option can use this recipe with the same method.
Tips for Making Air Fryer Jerk Chicken:
When making chicken in the air fryer, if it looks a little dry or floury add a nice coat of Grapeseed Oil Spray. This will give it some light oil to crisp it up.
We like to keep this on hand at all times, you want to use a non-propellant spray such as Pompeian.
Bone-In Chicken Thighs can be cooked up to about 175*F, which we find to be a great temperature that makes it nice and juicy.
If you are using boneless, then you would want to cook it up to 165*F and then remove it so that it does not dry out.
It is always best to have a meat thermometer on hand in order to be certain that the meat is cooked long enough.
With this recipe, we like to flip the chicken to be sure it evenly cooks. Be sure to not overcrowd your air fryer basket.
Air Fryer Jerk Chicken pairs best with these Ninja Foodi Mashed Potatoes!
Air Fryer Jerk Chicken
- 2 Pounds Chicken Thighs (Skin on and Bone-In)
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Jerk Seasonings
- 1 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 Tbsp Cornstarch
- Preheat the air fryer to 375*F for 3 minutes.
- In a large bowl, place the chicken thighs and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Pour the oil and coat each chicken thigh with oil.
- Sprinkle the seasonings, jerk, onion powder, and garlic powder. FInish by coating with the cornstarch.
- Coat each thigh with seasonings. I prefer to use my hands but you can use 2 spoons to toss it as well.
- Place the chicken in the air fryer basket in a single layer, leaving a little bit of space between for the air to circulate.
- Cook in the Air Fryer at 375*F for 9 minutes.
- Flip the chicken thighs and cook for an addition 9 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches at least 175*F.
Leave a Reply