Make a great dinner with this Easy Air Fryer Hawaiian Chicken, easy to make gluten-free too!
Making a variety of saucy chicken in the air fryer has become a go-to for our meals during the week.
It’s so easy to make the chicken in the air fryer and coat it with your favorite sauce, one of our favorites is Honey Garlic Chicken but now we are enjoying this tasty recipe too!
Tips for Making Air Fryer Hawaiian Chicken:
Air Fryer Hawaiian Chicken is best made with boneless, skinless chicken thighs, these do not dry out as chicken breast does. It really helps maintain the flavor.
The first thing you will want to do is cut the chicken into chunks and then coat them with cornstarch. I normally start with about 1/4 cup cornstarch and go up from there, you want the chunks fully coated.
While the chicken chunks are in the air fryer, you can start making the sauce on the stove. The other option is to make this as Ninja Foodi Hawaiian Chicken and make the sauce in the pot of the Ninja Foodi after the chicken is cooked.
If you go this route, you’d remove the chicken and use the saute function to cook the sauce, then you would add the chicken back in and mix it up with the sauce.
How should you serve Air Fryer Hawaiian Chicken?
We love to serve this with rice, it’s actually amazing served with coconut rice. The coconut rice really compliments the flavor; however, you can serve it with regular white rice or cauliflower rice too.
It’s up to you!
What do you need for this recipe?
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs
- Pineapple Chunks & Juice
- Sweet Onion
- Green Bell Pepper
- Red or Orange Bell Pepper
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Gluten-Free or Regular Soy Sauce or Coconut Aminos
- Brown Sugar
- Ground Ginger
- Rice, Optional
That’s all you need, most of which will be found right in your pantry. This is a great easy meal that takes just about 30 minutes or less to put together. It’s great served as a quick meal during the week or a great to-go style meal at home.
We like to serve it family-style in the center of the table and let everyone dig in!
Enjoy this Air Fryer Hawaiian Chicken!
Easy Air Fryer Hawaiian Chicken
- 6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- Cornstarch or Potato Starch
- 1/2 Cup Pineapple Chunks Reserve Juice
- 1/4 Cup Diced Sweet Onion
- 1 Green Bell Pepper Diced
- 1 Red or Orange Bell Pepper Diced
- 1/4 Cup Pineapple Juice
- 1/4 Cup Gluten-Free Soy Sauce or Coconut Aminos
- 1/4 Tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/2 Tbsp Cornstarch
- Cut the chicken into chunks and coat with cornstarch, use about 1/4 cup and then add more if needed to fully coat the chicken.
- Spray the air fryer basket with olive oil cooking spray.
- Add the chicken and cook at 390*F for 10 minutes, open the lid, stir it up, and spray another coat of oil.
- Cook for an additional 5-10 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165*F.
- In a small saucepan, combine the pineapple, onion, bell pepper, pineapple juice, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, and ground ginger.
- Bring this up to a low boil for about 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Lower the heat and whisk in the cornstarch.
- Let it sit for about 2-3 minutes to thicken.
- Mix with the cooked chicken and serve with rice.
Leave a Reply