These Easy Air Fryer Brats are full of flavor and ready to eat in mere minutes using the Air Fryer!
Are you ready for a tasty, easy meal? We all know it’s normally heading into football season and what is better than Air Fryer Brats? Not much…or maybe well the prayer that football goes on? We’re hanging on to hope in this household.
In the meantime, regardless if you are at home enjoying some peace and quiet outside this fall or watching a game, this great air fryer recipe is perfect to share with the family.
Can you make brats in the Air Fryer or Ninja Foodi?
Yes, you can make brats in the Air Fryer or Ninja Foodi. The cook time will vary a bit depending on how you cut and prepare the brats.
These brats will cook for about 15 minutes at 365 degrees. Once you have them cooking, you will add them to your favorite sub loaf or hot dog bun then serve them up!
Can you use foil in the Air Fryer or Ninja Foodi?
For most of my Ninja Foodi Recipes that use the Air Crisp function or the Air Fryer, you can use foil. It actually makes things much easier to clean up too, but you do need to make sure you roll up the sides so that you can keep the air circulating.
Can you cook frozen brats in the air fryer?
Brats can be cooked either from frozen or fresh. If you do them from frozen it may be necessary to add an extra 1-3 minutes at the end of cook time to get them fully cooked.
We like to get the internal temperature to 165*F before serving, this is easy to check with a quick read thermometer.
Time to eat!
Easy Air Fryer Brats
- 1 Package Bratwurst Any Variety
- 1 Large Yellow Onion
- 3 Large Green Bell Peppers
- 1/2 Tsp Cajun Seasoning Optional
- 5 Sub Rolls or Brat Buns
- Slice the onion and pepper and place in a greased air fryer basket or line it with foil, then place them on the foil.
- Cut each brat down the middle but not all the way through, just to open it up a bit.
- Place the brats on top of the vegetables.
- Using the air fryer, cook at 365*F for 7 minutes.
- Open the air fryer and turn the brats, mixing up the vegetables. At this point, spray with olive oil spray if needed.
- Cook for an additional 7 minutes or until the brats reach an internal temperature of 165*F.
- Serve in buns topped with veggies.