Learn how easy it is to make an Air Fryer Turkey Burger in minutes!
I’ve come to enjoy making burgers in the air fryer more than on the grill, anyone else feels this way? These Air Fryer Turkey Burgers are a great option if you are looking for something a bit leaner.
We adapted this recipe from this Air Fryer Cheeseburgers recipe and it worked out perfectly!
Tips for Making Air Fryer Turkey Burgers:
For this particular recipe, I used turkey patties that are premade.
These can go into the air fryer completely frozen, which means this is a great dinner if you forget to thaw out the meat.
After a few minutes of cooking, once they are lightly defrosted, that’s when I add the seasoning. The seasoning really is the key to getting these turkey burgers full of flavor.
We prefer this Gourmet Burger Seasoning from Weber. It’s gluten-free and has really become a go-to favorite around our house. It’s the best choice when making any burger especially turkey burgers.
This same method can be used for fresh ground turkey too, making your own patties as well.
Depending on the size of your air fryer, multiple batches may be needed.
Do you need to flip burgers in the air fryer?
This will really depend on how your air fryer machine cooks. I prefer to flip our burgers in the air fryer. This just helps the burgers evenly cook and when I flip them, I can also add more seasoning to the other side.
How long do you cook Air Fryer Turkey Burgers?
As always it’s very important to remember that all air fryers heat differently, so there will be some times that it varies; however, we cook these at 375 degrees for 10 minutes.
That seems to be the perfect time for ours and they are going in frozen as well.
The internal temperature needs to reach at least 165*F to be considered well done.
These Air Fryer Turkey Burgers pair wonderfully with these Air Fryer French Fries.
Air Fryer Turkey Burgers
- 6 Frozen Turkey Burger Patties See Note
- Gourmet Burger Seasoning
- Cooking Oil Spray of Choice Grapeseed
- Preheat the air fryer at 375*F for 5 minutes.
- Place the frozen patties into the air fryer.
- Add the gourmet seasoning on top of the burgers along with a bit of cooking oil spray of your choice.
- Cook for 10 minutes at 375*F, rotate after 5 minutes, and add additional seasoning.
- The burgers are fully cooked when the internal temperature reaches at least 165*F.
- These burgers are made with frozen turkey patties, if you use fresh, move the cooking time to 8 minutes.