Make an easy breakfast or dinner with Air Fryer Sweet Potato Hash!
If you enjoyed this sausage breakfast casserole, then you will love this Air Fryer Sweet Potato Hash. It’s essentially the same idea but using diced sweet potatoes.
It’s a great meal full of fiber and protein!
What is breakfast hash?
A breakfast hash was basically a term used for leftovers or a way to re-use leftovers and create a hash.
It’s now become more known for a mix of chopped-up ingredients such as eggs, potatoes, sausage, and vegetables.
It almost always includes salt, pepper, or other seasonings as well. In the case of this hash recipe, we like to add some fennel seed before serving too.
Can you put aluminum foil in the air fryer?
Yes, you can in fact put foil in the air fryer, just as you could in the oven. I prefer to use it for this recipe because it keeps everything from going through the holes of the air fryer basket; however, it is up to you and your personal preference.
If you do use foil, be sure to keep it rolled up on the sides so that air can still circulate around the foods to properly cook it.
Tips for Making Air Fryer Sweet Potato Hash:
The sweet potatoes can be peeled or with the skin on. I normally end up peeling these because my kids are just disgusted by potato skins.
If it were me, I would clean the potatoes and keep the skin on, simply because it’s less prep.
The sausage will also go into the air fryer uncooked, it’s going to cook up quickly in the air fryer.
This meal is cooked for about 15-20 minutes, halfway through the cooking time, carefully crack an egg into a bowl and then pour it into the air fryer. It will cook right on top of your meat and veggies.
I always keep grapeseed oil spray on hand as well, if you need to use a little bit of oil just give it a nice coat of the grapeseed oil spray.
The sausage will also have oil and grease in it as well so you may not need much additional oil.
Remember this can be made in the Ninja Foodi Air Fryer or Multi-Cooker using the “Air Crisp” Function!
Enjoy this Air Fryer Sweet Potato Hash!
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Hash
- 3 Medium Sized Sweet Potatoes Peeled and Diced
- 1 Lb Ground Mild Sausage
- 1 Green Bell Pepper Sliced
- 1 Red, Yellow, or Orange Bell Pepper Sliced
- 1/4 Cup Diced Sweet Onion
- 4 Whole Eggs
- Fennel Seed, Salt, or Pepper to Taste
- Foil line the basket of the air fryer, be sure that air is still able to circulate along the sides.
- Place the sweet potatoes on the bottom of the foil.
- Evenly place the peppers and onions right on top.
- Top it with the uncooked sausage.
- Cook at 360*F for 10 Minutes.
- Mix up or stir up the ingredients inside the basket, coat with some grapeseed oil if needed.
- Crack each egg in a bowl, then pour it right on top of the mixture.
- Cook for an additional 5-10 minutes at 360*F or until the potatoes are soft.
- Serve with additional salt, pepper, or fennel seed if preferred.