Make a tasty batch of Air Fryer Steak Fries that are also gluten-free too!
Air Fryer Steak Fries are really one of my favorites to make in the air fryer. It’s all about the cut and the seasoning to give these their great steak flavor!
Basically, they are another way to make these Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes.
How do you make Air Fryer Steak Fries?
The first step to making steak fries is all in the way you cut the potatoes. After you wash the potatoes, cut them in more of a wedge shape instead of like fries.
After we wash the potatoes, I like to cut the potato in half lengthwise, then I cut it again to get 4 quarters and then I cut wedges out of that, so you end up with around 12 wedges.
Now the key to the steak fries is the steak seasoning, without that they are just fries!
What steak seasoning should you use for Air Fryer Steak Fries?
The steak seasoning is the key to this recipe, we prefer this Kansas City Steak Seasoning, but you can use your preferred steak seasoning.
As always check the ingredients to be sure you are using a gluten-free seasoning to make these gluten-free.
The seasoning we use is naturally gluten-free, which makes it a win for us. It’s best to coat this generously with the steak seasoning to really get that great steak fries flavor.
I added a little paprika and parsley to mine too, not required at all but just to boost the flavor some more.
Pair them with your favorite Air Fryer Burger.
Tips for Making Air Fryer Steak Fries:
Once you have the potatoes cut, it’s best to coat them with the olive oil spray and then add in the seasonings to get them fully coated and adhered to the fries.
I like to use olive oil spray, but it’s totally up to you on which one you prefer. Grapeseed Oil, Coconut Oil, and Avocado Oil will have a higher smoke point if you prefer that as well.
Once it’s coated, you would go ahead and place them in an even layer in the air fryer and cook. Remember that all air fryers do heat differently, so you will want to watch closely your first time cooking these to be sure that you are able to get the correct timing for your air fryer.
Enjoy these Air Fryer Steak Fries!
Air Fryer Steak Fries
- 2-4 Russet Potatoes Sliced into Wedges
- 1/2 Tbsp Steak Seasoning or to Taste
- 1 Tsp Garlic Salt or Regular Salt
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- Wash and cut the potatoes into wedges, this is easiest if you cut the potatoes in half and then cut into wedges.
- Add the potatoes to a medium-size bowl, coat with olive oil spray and the steak seasoning plus garlic salt evenly.
- Coat the air fryer basket with olive oil cooking spray, or spray of your choice and evenly place the steak fries in the basket.
- Cook at 400*F for 10 minutes.
- Open the air fryer after 10 minutes and rotate the fries or shake up the basket if needed to evenly cook on both sides. At this point, you can also add additional spray if you prefer too.
- Cook an additional 5-10 minutes until your desired doneness.