Make delicious cookies in the Air Fryer with Air Fryer Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies, easy to make gluten-free too!
If you enjoyed the Air Fryer Red Velvet Brownies then you will love these cookies too!
It’s so easy to make a tasty cookie in the Air Fryer or Ninja Foodi and this is a great way to do it! This recipe is going to use a box mix to make the cookies.
What do you need for Air Fryer Red Velvet Cookies?
This recipe will only use a few ingredients, the base will be a Red Velvet Cake Mix along with oil, eggs, vanilla, and powdered sugar.
This is all you need, plus your air fryer of course.
Can you make these in the Ninja Foodi?
These cookies can be made in the Ninja Foodi the same way as the traditional Air Fryer. If using the Ninja Foodi, be sure to use the Air Crisp function and follow the instructions as written.
Can you use parchment paper in the Air Fryer?
Parchment paper is best to use to place the cookies on. This can either be cut to fit the air fryer or you can use parchment paper that is designed for the air fryer.
Whichever one you prefer, be sure to have food weighing the parchment paper down if you decide to preheat your air fryer.
It’s not necessary for this recipe, but as a general rule, you always need food to weigh down the parchment paper so that it does not blow in the air fryer.
Tips for Making Air Fryer Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies:
The dough can be rolled in powdered sugar or sprinkled with powdered sugar. The dough is very sticky, so we have found it’s easier to sprinkle it with powdered sugar.
It’s important not to overcrowd your air fryer, we usually fit 4 in a standard size air fryer.
That means you would have to do more batches; however, the benefit of Air Fryer Cookies is that you can store the rest of the dough for later and continue to make fresh batches of cookies when you have a craving!
Enjoy these delicious Air Fryer Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies! Be sure to check out these Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies too!
Air Fryer Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies
- 1 Box Red Velvet Cake Mix (15.25oz)
- 2 Whole Eggs
- 1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 Cup Powdered Sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the cake mix, eggs, oil, and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined. The dough will be thick so it's best to use a hand mixer or a Danish Dough Whisk.
- Using a cookie scoop such as the OXO Good Grip, scoop the dough out. This is about 1 1/2 Tbsp.
- Place the dough in the powdered sugar and cover it well. Sometimes it's easier to simply sprinkle the powdered sugar on the dough because it is sticky.
- Line your air fryer with parchment paper that is made for the air fryer if preferred or spray it with grapeseed oil spray.
- Place the sugar-covered dough balls in the air fryer basket, usually 4 fit nicely.
- Air Fry at 330*F for 8-10 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool in the basket for 1-2 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool.