Make the BEST easy dessert with these Air Fryer Candied Pecans, make in the Ninja Foodi too!
What could be better than adding Air Fryer Candied Pecans to gifts this holiday season? Not much!
Are these glazed pecans or candied pecans?
The recipe that is featured today is candied pecans and these are coated with a hefty layer of sugar and cinnamon. Glazed Pecans will be more syrup coated than sugar.
What type of pecans should be used for Air Fryer Candied Pecans?
This recipe uses a pound of halved pecans, so they’ve already been cracked and halved if you are purchasing these straight from the store.
Can you make these as Ninja Foodi Candied Pecans?
This recipe works in the Ninja Foodi Multi-Cooker using the Air Crisp function or in the Ninja Air Fryer, just the same as it would in any other air fryer.
The instructions and method would stay the same.
Tips for Making Air Fryer Candied Pecans:
These pecans are very simple to make. Making them in the Air Fryer though means you may have to do them in batches depending on the size of your Air Fryer.
I did 3 batches of these in a standard-size air fryer.
The basket of the air fryer will need to be sprayed with grapeseed oil spray or you can use these parchment sheets for the air fryer.
Remember when making these all air fryers heat differently so it’s very important to watch closely with your first batch.
I cooked ours at 320*F for 8-10 minutes, I like the method of cooking them lower temperature for a longer period of time.
For this recipe, we used a full cup of sugar which worked out really well; however, if that is too much for you, then you can cut the sugar, salt, and cinnamon in half.
When you are coating them if you think that is not enough just add the rest of the sugar, salt, and cinnamon in but it is very customizable.
Can you use a sugar substitute?
Sugar substitutes such as Splenda, Coconut Palm Sugar, and Truvia would work for this. Remember though that they all may have different measurements so read the packaging carefully before using.
Now it’s time for a treat! Enjoy these Air Fryer Candied Pecans!
Air Fryer Candied Pecans
- 16 oz Pecan Halves
- 1 Large Egg White
- 1 Tbsp Water
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- Grapeseed Oil Spray for Air Fryer
- Add the pecan halves to a bowl and fully coat with the egg white, water, and vanilla. Let this sit for a minute or two.
- While this is sitting, combine the sugar, cinnamon, and salt into a small measuring cup and mix together.
- Start slowly coating the pecans with the sugar mixture. It's best to add a little bit then stir them up and continue adding the sugar. Do this until they are fully coating with the sugar mixture.
- Spray the basket of the air fryer or Ninja Foodi with grapeseed oil spray or you can also use parchment paper for the air fryer.
- Add an even layer of pecans to the air fryer and air fry at 320*F for 8-10 minutes.
- Continue to cook in batches until you have worked through all the pecans, this took 3 batches for us in the Ninja Foodi Air Fryer.