Get ready to make a great meal with this simple Air Fryer Pork Roast!
There are many ways to make a pork roast and this Air Fryer Pork Roast is a great choice! This pork roast can be shredded or chopped as well to make pulled pork.
If you prefer to make this in your Ninja Foodi Multi-Cooker and do shredded pulled pork, be sure to check out this Ninja Foodi Pulled Pork recipe.
Tips for Making Air Fryer Pork Roast:
This Air Fryer Pork Roast is considered well done when it reaches an internal temperature of 145*F; however, if you are looking to make this a pulled pork, be sure to let it cook until it gets closer to 185*F-200*F.
The closer you get to 200*F the more tender it will be and the easier it is to shred.
It’s very important to keep a meat thermometer handy as all air fryers tend to heat differently.
In my Ninja Air Fryer, this recipe took 1 1/2 hours to fully cook, then we chopped the pork to make chopped pork sandwiches with barbecue sauce.
We also chose to use a pork butt roast to make this about 4 pounds in weight.
It’s best and most important to get a pork roast that is boneless. This way it’s easy to cut and fit in the air fryer. It will need to be cut to fit in your air fryer.
How should you serve this?
This recipe can be served on sandwiches with your favorite barbecue sauce, topped over salads, wraps, or as is!
It’s truly your personal preference. We like to top this over Air Fryer Baked Potatoes when it’s shredded as well.
Pair this recipe with these Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes!
Plus, be sure to check out this recipe for Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin too!
- 4 Lb Boneless Pork Roast, Shoulder, or Butt - Cut into chunks to fit in the Air Fryer
- 3 Tbsp Brown Sugar, Packed
- 3 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Pepper
- 1-2 Tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Tsp Ground Mustard
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- Cut the pork roast if needed into chunks to fit in the basket of the air fryer.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, salt, pepper, paprika, red pepper flakes, ground mustard, and garlic powder to create the rub.
- Using the rub, evenly pat it all over the pork roast chunks.
- Place the pork roast into the basket of the air fryer.
- Let this rest for about 20 minutes.
- After the rest time, cook in the Air Fryer at 375*F for 75-90 minutes, until the internal temperature reaches near 185*F-200*F. Note it is well done at 145*F; however, the closer to 200*F the more tender it will be.
- Once done, let it sit for about 10 minutes, then slice and serve.
This roast can be chopped, shredded, or sliced.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 682Total Fat: 49gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 26gCholesterol: 204mgSodium: 1028mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 4gProtein: 53g